||_|| Why my TV Tuner?!?!

Old June 1st 07, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andy

Default ||_|| Why my TV Tuner?!?!

Hello,

I have a tuner and... it doesn't work! My TV tuner is an AverMedia M1A2 (in
US it's AverMedia Purity 3D MCE 300). The AverMedia folks did not give a
Vista Driver, so i've got a XP one. Now:
- The XP one WORKS on Vista, i've got the unpacked drivers and everything
- The tuner doesn't work on EITHER Vista or XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exception:
- The tuner worked on XP (but only on XP!) for about 2 hours, then off he
got.
Device Manager shows me this: (Code 10) "This device cannot start"
More tricky:
- Sometimes I get 2 TV tuners (!), one with Code 10: This device cannot
start and the other one with Code 34(or something): Windows cannot find the
drivers for this device.
I tried EVERYTHING like uninstalling/reinstalling, disabling/enabling, even
in different combinations with those 2 tuners.

Please HEEELP!!!!!!!

Old June 1st 07, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tim

Andy - your post is quite confusing and contains several conflicting
statements. From what I can understand...the tuner doesn't work at all with
Vista (probably because, as you said, there is no Vista driver) and works
for about 2 hours with XP. Based on what I can understand from your post, I
would return the tuner, get my money back, and purchase a tuner that is
certified to work with Vista.

Tim