"d" drive is full

Old June 2nd 07, 11:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tv

Default "d" drive is full

I have a new HP computer with Vista and have the dual core c and d drive. It
says my d drive is 100 percent full (recovery drive) How do I fix this? My
computer is only a month old and I've been getting window errors already and
I can't go back to an earlier date for recovery either. I think I need to do
a whole system recovery. It started to dump a lot of stuff into D drive when
my computer started to act up. What should I do?
Old June 3rd 07, 12:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Your D: drive in a Recovery Partition set up by HP so that you will be able to
recover your system to a factory installation default. Read your manual. You
should make your own recovery DVDs or CDs. I would advise you to leave this
partition alone as an extra safeguard should your recovery disks become damaged.

You can turn off the warnings by going to Computer Management Disk Management
and unassigning a drive letter.

Your Windows errors are not caused by your Recovery Partition. Since this is a
new computer you should contact HP. Or you can post your SPECIFIC errors to the
appropriate newsgroup here to get help.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old June 3rd 07, 01:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charles W Davis

Move the stuff that you dumped into the D drive back to your C drive. If
it's stuff that you don't need you might consider burning it to a DVD for
safe keeping.

Old June 3rd 07, 11:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cy!on

"Tv" wrote in message
I have a new HP computer with Vista and have the dual core c and d drive.
It
says my d drive is 100 percent full (recovery drive) How do I fix this?
My
computer is only a month old and I've been getting window errors already
and
I can't go back to an earlier date for recovery either. I think I need to
do
a whole system recovery. It started to dump a lot of stuff into D drive
when
my computer started to act up. What should I do?

If the pc has a D: drive and it is called 'recovery' or similar and when
clicked on in explorer shows the default HP/Compaq 'This is the recovery
drive, do not alter it' message...

Then it is basically the hard drive version of your windows disk. There
should of been documentation that explains you should back this drive up in
case of any problems with the pc in the future. This drive allows you to
restore the pc back to its purchased state or to repair it in case of any
problems.

Although I dont have one, im fairly sure it was generally full anyway
because it was only meant to be used as a recovery drive and not a general
purpose drive. You may find you only actually have one hard drive of which
D: is a hidden partition.