Old January 14th 08, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Default "The Audio Service is not running"

Glad things are looking better.

"drbob4248" wrote in message

Colin,
Thank you for the reply. Fortunately (I think) I found a solution to
my problem. I discovered a couple of other threads describing lost
audio when using a Logitech Quickcam. I have a Quickcam Fusion, so I
uninstalled it. The uninstallation did not resolve the problem. I then
restarted the Windows Audio Service and Audio Endpoint Builder using
msconfig. After a restart (still no audio but those services stayed
running), I reinstalled my Quickcam and my sound was back. We'll see
how it goes.
Bob

--
drbob4248