Customizing Windows Explorer toolbars

Old June 3rd 07, 08:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Michael

Default Customizing Windows Explorer toolbars

Just installed Vista. Not terribly wild about it so far. Willing to give it a
chance, though.

On Windows Explorer, what has happened to the ability to customize the
toolbars? I used to be able to add cut/copy/paste/delete icons to the
toolbar. Saved time, added convenience. Doesn't appear to be there anymore.
Am I missing something? Is there some whole new concept of how I should be
working with files that works around Windows Explorer entirely?

Old June 4th 07, 03:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Vizoere

I agree completely. We should be able to customize the Windows Explorer
toolbar. Personally, I want the "Parent Folder" button back. Don't tell me
about [Alt-Up] or the breadcrumbs, I want a button in a consistent location
that will always take me to the parent folder of where I am.

Where can we go to get our complaints in front of the developers???

Old June 4th 07, 07:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Mike

This has been bothering me as well. They seem to have taken a giant step
backwards with Explorer in several aspects. I also notice that it does not
properly remember window settings and sizes, even though the "remember" box
is checked off. I finally got it to remember the size by uncheck and then
rechecking the "remember" box in the folder settings. Still, other things
are randomly forgotten.

Old June 27th 07, 06:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
lostdog

What really annoys me is tha they took away all the buttons I used all the
time in XP and gave me a "Burn" button. It burns my ass every time I look at
it. What bright light thought that people burned to disk so much, that it
rated its own button. Am I out of the loop. It looks like they wanted an
interface for 13 year olds burning MP3s to disk. Also right on regarding the
"Up" button I used it all the time.

Old June 28th 07, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
James Matthews

things change but why don't you use a 3rd party to burn!

--

http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=14

Old February 20th 10, 09:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
boutaswell

Here's the point some people are missing. We don't want to use the ALT
key with whatever other key. What was on the toolbar in XP worked just
fine. As someone said, why can't the designers leave well enough alone.
I agree with the comment about the burn button. Whose "bright idea" was
that one? I just hope their gene pool dries up before any more damage is
done.

--
boutaswell