Scan USB Drive

Old June 3rd 07, 11:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices

Default Scan USB Drive

How do I keep this message from displaying everytime I plug in a USB flash
drive?

"Do you want to scan and fix *name of thumb drive*"
My 2 options are "Scan and Fix" or "Continue without scanning."
I have tried the scan and fix but it shows up the nexttime I plug in the
drive.
Old June 4th 07, 01:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Don

J wrote:
How do I keep this message from displaying everytime I plug in a USB flash
drive?

"Do you want to scan and fix *name of thumb drive*"
My 2 options are "Scan and Fix" or "Continue without scanning."
I have tried the scan and fix but it shows up the nexttime I plug in the
drive.

I wish I had the answer, but I've never seen that dialog. Have you
re-formatted your flash drive? Does the message pop up with different
flash drives?

Old June 4th 07, 11:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

J,

Try downloading and installing all updates available at the Microsoft update
site, if you haven't already done this. Updates oftentimes contain fixes for
problems one has as well as for problems you didn't know existed.
--
freddy

Old February 15th 09, 09:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ander[_2_]

No, it's a bug in Vista—and there's no known way to avoid it, so far.

It always reminds me of that scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey, where the
HAL 9000 computer starts cracking up and says, "I've detected a flaw in
the AE-35 unit."

--
ander
Old February 15th 09, 10:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wim Hekken -)

ander wrote:
No, it's a bug in Vista—and there's no known way to avoid it, so far.

It always reminds me of that scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey, where the
HAL 9000 computer starts cracking up and says, "I've detected a flaw in
the AE-35 unit."

Blame it on IBM :-)
--

Wim Heekn ;-)
Carpe Diem
Old February 18th 09, 03:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ander[_2_]

But then, if everything made sense, wouldn't that be boring?

--
ander
Old July 24th 09, 01:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
merid

ander;968336 Wrote:
No, it's a bug in Vista—and there's no known way to avoid it, so far.

It always reminds me of that scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey, where the
HAL 9000 computer starts cracking up and says, "I've detected a flaw in
the AE-35 unit."

Actually I have found a way. There is a post on my blog that explains
it. 'Vista Scan and Fix Error for USB devices « The Tech Talk Blog'
(http://thetechtalkblog.com/index.php...and-fix-error/)

--
merid