Old January 15th 08, 05:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
MICHAEL[_2_]

Default 4GB or 3GB physical memory for 32 bit wondows vista

Colin,

It is a pleasure to see you back... I really mean that.

I hope you are doing well, and I hope you plan to stick
around.

Take care,

Michael

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote in message
Since you don't say what hardware your using, esp which mobo and what memory modules, the
only advice is to go to the mobo manufacturer's website and review the information on tested
ram and any limitations of the mobo. There should be a user forum on that website devoted to
your mobo. This is probably the number one issue on those forums because it is an issue
often seen here. There are many threads on your issue already started on this newsgroup and
you should review those.

"Kyle" wrote in message
Okay. I'm having the same problem. I just installed 2 more gig on top of my 2
gig on my rig and not only does vista say that it is 3.5 gig, but it keeps
crashing and is acting really odd. I've gotten the Blue screen many times. It
isn't the new ram because bios loves it and my mobo supports up to 8 gig.
Dxdiag tells me that my geforce 8600gt xxx has 1774 mb of ram when I have the
4 gig ram installed but I'm still crashing. I even took out one of my 1 gig
sticks and I am still crashing. I am running 32 bit vista ultimate and can't
exactly afford to go out and buy a 64 bit vista. I have tried all the updates
with no results. So what is a solution to my hangups? Thanks in advance.

"JC" wrote:

I have 4GB of physical RAM, windows vista shows only 3326MB. Does it really
help with performance if I have 4GB or should I just install 3GB memory? I
just bought the additional 2GB memory (had 2GB before) and wondering if I
should exchange for a 1GB one. Thanks.