Old January 19th 08, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Default Vista x64 Ultimate (OEM version) on Dell D820

Then why does Dell list Vista x64 drivers for the D820? I never heard of an
Intel Core 2 Duo, Centrino or otherwise, that was not 64-bit. Where did you
get the info that this machine was not 64-bit capable?

"jerryw4386" wrote in message

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

Download and run the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...deadvisor.mspx

Installation choices for 64-bit consumer versions of Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932795

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Kjeld_h" wrote in message

Hi
I have a Dell D820 w. 1 GB RAM.
When I try to install Vista and the computer is loading the DVD - I'am
told that the pc/cpu is not able to load a 64 bit appl.
It is a Intel T2500 @ 2.0 Ghz. CPU.
I have tryed to change/setup the BIOS (version 7) any posible way.
Have anyone tryed to install Vista x64 on a Dell D820? Please help...

--
Kjeld_h

Hi
The Intel T2500 @ 2.0 Ghz. CPU.
It is not a {{64 bit cpu}} it is only 32 bit and it will not run a 64 bit
OS
of any kind
download {cpuz} from the internet it will tell you !!
Good Luck !!