Old January 19th 08, 02:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jane C

Default Vista x64 Ultimate (OEM version) on Dell D820

Hi,

You will get an error message if you try to install Vista x64 from a 32 bit
desktop. To install any 64 bit version requires you to boot from the DVD.
Make sure that your BIOS is set to boot first from DVD.

Do make sure to back up all of your files and documents first, as 64 bit
must be clean installed. It cannot upgrade your current 32 bit operating
system.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User

"Kjeld_h" wrote in message

Hi
I have a Dell D820 w. 1 GB RAM.
When I try to install Vista and the computer is loading the DVD - I'am
told that the pc/cpu is not able to load a 64 bit appl.
It is a Intel T2500 @ 2.0 Ghz. CPU.
I have tryed to change/setup the BIOS (version 7) any posible way.
Have anyone tryed to install Vista x64 on a Dell D820? Please help...

--
Kjeld_h