6.1 speaker support

Old June 6th 07, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Stephen Jame Pattenden

Default 6.1 speaker support

I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card and 6.1 speaker set up
on my Windows Ultimate setup. For some reason i cannot select 6.1 speakers
from the Audio properties dialog box in Vista. When looking on Creatives
website, they advise that Vista does not support 6.1 speaker configuration.

Could someone please confirm whether this is true or not and, if it is true
could someone from Microsoft please comment on when they expect to resolve
this issue.

I spent a lot of money on my speakers at the time and i'm not prepared to
buy new ones on top of all the other Vista expense.

Thanks in advance
Old June 6th 07, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

If you read the release notes for your card's drivers on the Creative site you
will note:

Known issues:

Applications from the original Sound Blaster Audigy CD will not work with this
download.
Users are advised to use Audio Console included in this download to change
speaker configurations.

This driver does not support the following:
Decoding of Dolby® Digital and DTST signals
DVD-Audio
DirectSound®-based EAX games
Gameports

6.1 speaker mode.

SPDIF passthrough is supported on Vista 32-bit only.

Apparently you will have to wait for updated drivers from Creative.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Stephen Jame Pattenden" wrote
in message ...

Old June 6th 07, 03:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Sorry, re-reading your post, I see that you have already read these release
notes. 6.1 sound is not a limitation of Vista, but is a limitation of the sound
adapter drivers. Incidentally, the X-Fi series, also do not have 6.1 support
YET. We'll just have to wait for Creative to complete their drivers.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old June 6th 07, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Captain Roberts

"Cal Bear '66" wrote in message
Sorry, re-reading your post, I see that you have already read these
release notes. 6.1 sound is not a limitation of Vista, but is a
limitation of the sound adapter drivers. Incidentally, the X-Fi series,
also do not have 6.1 support YET. We'll just have to wait for Creative to
complete their drivers.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

According to Creative Labs, this is a limitation of Vista. Go to their
support page and look for a post by Catherine on this subject.