Old January 23rd 08, 06:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jerryw4386

Default Vista x64 Ultimate (OEM version) on Dell D820

"Kjeld_h" wrote:

Kjeld_h;577995 Wrote:
Hi
I have a Dell D820 w. 1 GB RAM.
When I try to install Vista and the computer is loading the DVD - I'am
told that the pc/cpu is not able to load a 64 bit appl.
It is a Intel T2500 @ 2.0 Ghz. CPU.
I have tryed to change/setup the BIOS (version 7) any posible way.
Have anyone tryed to install Vista x64 on a Dell D820? Please help...

Thank you all very much.:geek:

I have learn that D820 comes with different CPU´s - The T2500 is not
able to run x64 appl. - I have have another D820 with T7200 and I tryed
to install Vista x64 Ultimate - and it works just fine...
The tool from MS doesn't reveal or support anything regarding x32 or
x64.
The CPU tool CPU-z don't reveal anything regarding x32 or x64 either.
I/we bought 20 Dell D820´s and got two different CPU´s - the T2500 and
the T7200 and unfortunently only one run x64 Vista - but once again -
Thank you all very much for helping out...

--
Kjeld_h

Hi
When you use cpuz where it says instructions if you see EM64T
it is a 64 bit CPU !
I cant remember what it says for a 32 bit CPU i do not have
computer with a 32 bit CPU !
Good Luck