Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Control Panel, Personalize and System Properties does not open...

Old June 10th 07, 01:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
xphilip

Default Control Panel, Personalize and System Properties does not open...

Can somebody help me?

I have Windows Vista Ultimate and my Control Panel, Personalize and System
Properties does not open, it cant' print too!!

I tried a lot of things but none of them could make anything stable.

Please, if someone know about this problem, answer....

Thanks in advance.
Old June 10th 07, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Dana Cline

Purchased machine, or did you install Vista yourself? If the former, which
manufacturer? Did you uninstall all the crapware? What printer? Drivers from
Vista or the printer's manufacturer? Can _anything_ print?

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

news

Old June 10th 07, 11:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Clearwire Mail

"Dana Cline" wrote in message
Purchased machine, or did you install Vista yourself? If the former, which
manufacturer? Did you uninstall all the crapware? What printer? Drivers
from Vista or the printer's manufacturer? Can _anything_ print?

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

I have the EXACT, same problem and it's very frustrating. My system is a
3.5 mo. old Dell XPS 410 that came loaded w/ Vista Home Premium. All
crapware is uninstalled and very few other apps are installed (I have MS
Office 2003 and nothing else that isn't MS certified). I get this problem
occasionally and I can get the system back to full ops after a warm restart,
sometimes only after a cold power boot. The installed Canon printer has
nothing to do with the problem.
The frustrating thing is that I can review my Events Viewer and see no
difference in "warnings," "errors," and "information" between a good boot
and a bad one! The only thing different is that the Control Panel, desktop
personalization, a few MS games, and Aero desktop are nuked. Perhaps some
other things are bad too (I can't print either when this happens).
This is obviously a real problem out there since several people have written
about it but there are NO answers. Additionally, this only happened after
I've had my system for about 7 weeks and after a series of Microsoft
critical updates.
Dana, since you're an MS pro, pass this around. It's for real! Thanks.

Old June 11th 07, 06:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
xphilip

My machine is new and purchased. I haven't talk with my manufacturer but i am
looking foward. I formated my computer when that happened for the first time,
but now it the same, so i can't do nothing more.

Thank's for the replies!!
Old June 11th 07, 05:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Dana Cline

That's just really weird and completely outside my experience. About the
only thing I can think of is a hardware issue - find a good memory
diagnostic and try it... Check inside the PC to make sure all the chips and
boards are firmly seated. Otherwise nag the manufacturer until the either
fix or replace the system...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

Old June 11th 07, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
LoneStar

"xphilip" wrote in message
My machine is new and purchased. I haven't talk with my manufacturer but i
am
looking foward. I formated my computer when that happened for the first
time,
but now it the same, so i can't do nothing more.

Thank's for the replies!!

Don't go yet, dude!

Do you have a Dell, and if so, what model? And........ does this happen to
you EVERY time you boot up, or just sometimes?

I'm beginning to think an older MS update is nuking us. After you
reinstalled Vista, I'll bet you got all the most recent updates and
continued having this freaky problem.

Stay tuned.....

EW

Old June 11th 07, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
LoneStar

"Dana Cline" wrote in message
That's just really weird and completely outside my experience. About the
only thing I can think of is a hardware issue - find a good memory
diagnostic and try it... Check inside the PC to make sure all the chips
and boards are firmly seated. Otherwise nag the manufacturer until the
either fix or replace the system...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

It's weird that the Clearwire person has the same problem as I do, as does
xphilip, and several others that posted similar probs opening the Control
Panel, etc. I really don't think this is a solitary issue. FYI, I think
I've worn out my memory diagnostic programs, and they all say I'm fine.
Thank you anyway.

Old June 11th 07, 11:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Clearwire Mail

"Dana Cline" wrote in message
That's just really weird and completely outside my experience. About the
only thing I can think of is a hardware issue - find a good memory
diagnostic and try it... Check inside the PC to make sure all the chips
and boards are firmly seated. Otherwise nag the manufacturer until the
either fix or replace the system...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

Will do again as you say, but I doubt it's memory or other hardware. Too
many others have this situation, but I'll keep at it. Believe it or not,
after I turned ON my Google pop-up blocker AND turned on my GUI boot back to
the default setting (boot.ini tab) the problem went away, so far anyway. No
worries.

Old June 12th 07, 04:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Dana Cline

You say you reset your GUI boot to fix it...what had you changed your GUI
boot to? Where? I seem to remember a similar setting in XP from MSCONFIG but
I never changed it.