Vista burn problem

Old June 11th 07, 04:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
CJSM

Default Vista burn problem

I have just upgraded to Vista Business. In XP I used RecordNow!ver7 to make
CD & DVD data & picture file backup in 45 min. with verify. My XP &
RecordNow! ver9 did not get along, it crashed the computer, among other
things! The Vista analizer said ver7 was not compatible with Vista. In
Vista I can't burn a disk! For the exact same material 3.5 Gb on a 4.7Gb
disk it would take 1 day & 16 hours! In shock, I left in to do its recording
overnight, but it crashed the computer by morning. How do I fix this little
problem? No, I am not doing videos, yet, I can't get the programs to do a
simple data disk. I have been reading through the questions, but I must have
missed the answer. Please send help. Thank you for your time.
Old June 11th 07, 05:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
randy

Hi
You can try this suggestion on the following website.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/929461/en-us

Old June 12th 07, 10:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
CJSM

Default Vista burn problem I'm back!

I did what the article sais & I uninstalled my driver, restarted the computer
and I sitll can't burn a cd or dvd in Vista or Media Player. Is there a
hotfix?? Sigh...

Old June 25th 07, 12:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
CJSM

HP Media m7070n, 225GB (72.9used, 152 free), CD/DVD burner & DVD/CD drive.
What all do you need to know?
I used the Upgrade Advisor & it said everything was ok. If anything needed
upgrades I did that, too. This week I used IngBurn to make a data CD and a
DVD, both worked but the program is not easy to use. I take it that my CD &
DVD problems in Vista & Media Player are with the prograsm and NOT the burner
unit. I treid to make the same data CD and DVD in the Vista & Media Player
again, but can't.

"TomLives2000" wrote:

what is your hardware specs?