Old January 29th 08, 07:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Said Salomon[_2_]

Default Solution to USB (HD and flash drive) problem!!

Ok I found the problem with usb ext drives (Hard drive, flash, etc). For
some reason the usbstor.inf and usbstor.sys were missing for some unknown
reason. Was keeping me from loading any ext drive including flash drives.

I found the files in C:\Windows\System32\FileRepository\usbstor.inf_so me
hex junk folder.

Just copy the usbstor.inf to C:\Windows\inf
and usbstor.sys to C:\Windows\System32

P.S. You fix at your own risk!!! While this worked for me that does not
mean it will work for you.