Printer Communication Not Available error

Old June 12th 07, 01:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
jcclark33

Default Printer Communication Not Available error

I get a "communication not available" error whenever I try to print to my
printer which is connected via USB. I have tried disabling the firewall
(Norton), turning off auto-protect (norton), unplugging printer from
computer, unplugging printer from power, and re-installing. Nothing seems to
work. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old June 13th 07, 03:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

And the make and model of printer is.......?

Do other USB devices all work OK?

Have you tried another USB cable?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old June 15th 07, 02:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
jcclark33

I tried another USB cable and different ports. All of the ports work fine
with other USB equipment.

I have a Dell A962 All-in-one printer. I even downloaded the latest drivers
from their website. They are baffled also.

Old May 4th 10, 03:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
coastal207

I have a similar issue... I even bought a new printer and the issue is
the same! From a HP to a Kodak. The usb port makes the sound detecting
a device and device disconnected. The printer dialogs show that the
printer(s) are available and installed but whenever you try a print
dialog, (the drivers are new) they sit in a print status window near the
clock, they are not paused and they say printing. I have gone thru the
trouble to start any services which are manual start or which were
disabled. nothing. I ran system config and verified anything is not
starting when booting. nothing found.

I can get into each printers supplied software and I can get to the
dialogs on each for maintenance areas (if they were not connected you
can't get to these dialogs) and when either printer is attempted to
print a test page I recieve a printer communication error.

--
coastal207
coastal207's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/216566.htm

http://forums.techarena.in