Old February 3rd 08, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
David[_15_]

Default Cannot delete file on USB HD

Why dont you try to move all the files you want to save to your primary hard
drive, then just go ahead and format the usb one? That would be a simple and
easy solution

David
"dratner" wrote in message
I am re-using a USB drive, previously on my XP PC, On my new Vista PC.
There
are several old files on it, created by the XP PC, that Vista will not let
me
delete. I removed the "read only" attribute, went to security and made
sure
I had all administrative rights. The file folders have 25 or so number
filenames. In the folder is a file called "update". It may be a
Microsoft
file. How can I delete these old files? Thanks.