Old February 4th 08, 01:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
SG[_3_]

Default Cannot delete file on USB HD

Hi,

Try this...
See if it will let you delete the last Folder or Sub-Folder first, if so,
then delete each one starting from last to first.

--
All the best,
SG
"dratner" wrote in message
I am re-using a USB drive, previously on my XP PC, On my new Vista PC.
There
are several old files on it, created by the XP PC, that Vista will not let
me
delete. I removed the "read only" attribute, went to security and made
sure
I had all administrative rights. The file folders have 25 or so number
filenames. In the folder is a file called "update". It may be a
Microsoft
file. How can I delete these old files? Thanks.