Old February 5th 08, 04:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carl G

Default Multiple SATA Drives and Vista 32 Ultimate.

I had a problem like that once on an Intel MOBO.
I finally called Intel support.
I had to install the Intel Management Engine Interface , my unknowen yellow
question mark went away.
I have an intel board now and do have that installed.
I also have to set the bios to run sata as IDE.
hope this helps.

--
Carl G

"Achase" wrote in message
I have a wierd issue with Vista. At the moment I have 3 hard drives and
one
DVD That I am trying to use. Sometimes Vista actually reads the drive and
was able to format and save items to the number 3 500GB drive but when I
reboot Vista forgets it. There is always an item in device manager that
says
unknown device on volume manager and no matter what I do it will not
install
drivers for this. Does Vista have a problem with high GB drives or with
more
than 2 hard drives? Would seem odd especially since I've had more on
older
versions and I do have a 100% genuine ultimate version. Any time I try to
do
anything in Disk management it says the information is out of date and
will
not go any further. I've tried multiple ways of getting the drive to
install
but no matter what I do it's a roll of the dice if Windows will recognise
it
or not. My hard drive setup is Seagate 320 GB for C(Windows), 400GB for
programs and a 500GB Maxtor That I'm trying to install mainly as a backup.
I'm running a 3.4 dual core Intel CPU with 4GB of ram and crossfire
enabled
Video cards. I've tried diffrent controllers as I have 2 diffrent SATA
onbard controllers and even tried a 3rd pci controller. Needless to say
this
has been expensive and am looking for any solution. Anyone have
suggestions?