Vista Banter

-   -   i8042prt (http://www.vistabanter.com/52536-i8042prt.html)

Jani Ruohomaa June 14th 07 03:05 PM

i8042prt

Hi!

Does anyone have the same problem:

At bootup Vista Home Premium freezes (progress bar stops) and you need
to reset the system
Usually it works after 1 reset but in the event viewer there is a entry
like:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
i8042prt

I have a wireless USB keyboard and I have disabled the PS/2 serial port
from the BIOS but that did not help (I have also tried with the PS/2
enabled)

Any ideas ?

Jani

freddy June 14th 07 04:46 PM

i8042prt

Jani,

A google search located this discussion of the same issue;

http://www.pctools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10624

Take a look to decide whether there is something there for your use.
--
freddy

Carlos June 16th 07 12:56 AM

i8042prt

Jani:
This will involve editing the registry so do this at your own risk.
Please create a restore point just in case anything goes wrong.
Open the registry (Start, Run, Regedit ENTER)
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\i8042prt\
Look for the "Start" DWORD entry and change its value to 4.
Accept and exit.
Restart.
You should be Ok now.
Carlos

QueenofNight August 26th 09 02:26 AM

i8042prt

Greetings,

I had the same problem. I followed up Carlos instructions and rebooted.
Now, the following happened. My keyboard has stoped working. I had to
use visual keyboard to be able to loging my pc. So, I went back to
regedit and changed back the value to what it was (1). I rebooted and
then the keyboard started working and windows started charging properly.
Both of my problems are now solved.

*Thanks Carlos.*

Carlos;347511 Wrote:
Jani:
This will involve editing the registry so do this at your own risk.
Please create a restore point just in case anything goes wrong.
Open the registry (Start, Run, Regedit ENTER)
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\i8042prt\
Look for the "Start" DWORD entry and change its value to 4.
Accept and exit.
Restart.
You should be Ok now.
Carlos