Old February 11th 08, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
robinb

Default Can't open .msg and .eml attachments in Outlook 2003

can you explain to me which program you are doing this workaround in?
windows mail? Google Desktop? Ie Browser? where?
robin

" With the help of Microsoft, a solution has been found to the problem of
not
being able to open some or all file types attached to email messages in
Outlook 2003 on Vista: the Google Desktop is blocking the action. As a
work-around:

Go to add-ins: Tools.Options.Other.Advanced Options, Add-In Manager
button
and, if the Google Desktop addin is checked, uncheck it.

This solved the problem of not being able to open and view attachments.

"Mr. Arnold" MR. wrote in message

"Duane" wrote in message
Have Vista Home Premium on new computer. Since transferring my Office
2003
SB Suite, I can not open attachments. This includes file types such
as
above
that are not on the list of forbidden file types. I can save them and
turn
them into objects in word, but they are mostly a mess- hex code with
some
english, no formatting. I've added the Level1 parameter to my
registry
with
these parameters as arguments. That hasn't helped.

I do not find a "don't open attachments" checkbox that I can uncheck
in
the
security tab of options.

Can anybody help?

How about right-clicking the file in Explorer, going to Properties and
see
if the file has an Unblock button?