Old February 12th 08, 03:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Default upgrade to 64 bit

A 2250 is a Core Duo chip which only supports 32 bit Operating Systems. You
have to have a Core 2 Duo(note the 2 in the name) chip to support a 64 bit
OS.
"guitardude" wrote in message
In my computer properties it says:
Genuine Intel® CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz 1.73 GHz

The processor logo tag on my case says:
Intel Centrino Duo

I don't know if this is enough info or not, just let me know. thanks for
the help,
guitardude

"Dustin Harper" wrote in message
What processor do you have? That will tell you what it is capable of. The
Core 2 Duo, Athlon 64, and some P4's are 64 bit capable.

--
Dustin Harper

http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page

"guitardude" wrote in message
Hi, I am currently running 32 bit Vista Home Premium, but I am
considering upgrading to Vista Ultimate and the 64 bit version if I can.
How do I find out If my hardware can support a 64 bit OS? Thanks in
advance,
guitardude