Old February 14th 08, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Bob F.[_3_]

Default "Windows Fax and Scan" Set Up ?

You may need to load the s/w that came with the 950. Some of the HP
utilities need to be loaded from this disk before W&F recognizes your
scanner. So, load the HP applications, make sure they work, then bring up
W&F and get that working.
Bob F.

"Simon Davis" wrote in message
I went to tools and did not see my 950 in settings in order to ADD it under
scan settings.
and yes it is connected to my pc and I can print. I just can not scan or
fax. I really do not care much about Faxing but I would like to scan .
Thanks

"Peter" wrote in message
"Simon Davis" wrote in message
I have a all in one HP 950xi that works only to prink,, but I can not get
it to work with Vista "Windows Fax and Scan". Is there some sort of setup
that I need to use to do so. I have Vista ultimate.

When you open Windows Fax and Scan did you set up scanner settings?
Click Scan at lower left then Tools/Scan Routings and Scan Settings -
does it appear in there at all? Also make sure that it's switched on and
connected to your computer.
If I remember anything else I'll post back.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada