Old February 16th 08, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
O-Melvin

Default HP All-in-one printers disappearing when there are changes in

I have the same problem. Also have HP C5180 and Vista Home Basic, but direct
USB connection. The driver/software continually disappears or is not
recognized as Vista compatible and I am forced to download the same printer
driver again and again. Has anyone solved this problem since the posting of
Surago's message last June?

"Surago" wrote:

I have this problem also, my setup is as follows....

HP C5180 Printer connected to DLink DSL-G604T Wireless modem router
via Cat 5 cable. Vista Home Basic Laptop (Dell Inspiron 6400)
connected via Wireless.

Every couple of days the Printer Driver for the C5180 completely
dissappears from the laptop machine and needs to be re-installed.
Once the driver/software for the printer is re-installed everything
works fine for another couple of days, and then the same thing occurs.

I am continuing to troubleshoot this problem (much to the displeasure
of my client), but hope to find a solution soon, else something will
be thrown out the window.