Microsoft mouse drivers cause problems scrolling in some applicati

Old June 21st 07, 10:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sebbelcher

Default Microsoft mouse drivers cause problems scrolling in some applicati

Hi,

I have seen many people complain about this problem, both in this forum and
other third party forums but nothing seems to be getting done about it.
There are driver problems which are causing scrolling not to function
correctly in certain applications using Microsoft mouse products with the
Intellipoint driver software under Vista. All such applications (in my
personal experience) worked correctly under Windows XP with the exact same
hardware.

The primary symptom is faults with upward scrolling, in some applications
(e.g. Google Earth) upward scrolling is not recognised at all and the
application scrolls down (which is Zoom In) no matter which way the wheel is
turned. In other applications (e.g. Opera Web Browser) upward scrolling is
also mis-interpreted, scrolling up in these applications cause the page to
jump up an huge chunk on the first move of the wheel, then start scrolling
down again (even though the wheel is still being pushed up).

This is my list of problem and problem free applications so far:

Upward scrolling does NOT work:
Google Earth
Opera Web Browser
Itunes
FarCry

Scrolling does work:
Windows Explorer
Internet Explorer
MS Office 2003 products
Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Thunderbird
MSN Messenger

Please hurry up and get this fixed MS! It's extremely frustrating.
Seb.
Old June 21st 07, 06:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charles W Davis

I too have experienced some of the problems that you face, others don't seem
to be a problem (see below). I use the Microsoft Trackball Explorer 1.0.

Even with all of your comments, Microsoft employees don't generally hang out
on these newsgroups. The newsgroups are peer to peer discussions where users
help users. So your plea to "hurry up" will probably be unheard in Redmond.

"sebbelcher" wrote in message
[...]

Works both ways...Windows Vista Ultimate

Opera Web Browser

Works correctly both ways in Opera 9.2

Itunes
FarCry

Scrolling does work:
Windows Explorer
Internet Explorer

Scrolling may work, but with my trackball, I can't close active instances of
any kind as I could in XP.

Old June 3rd 08, 07:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
simrick405[_9_]

I have problems scrolling as well. You can read my post, and others
he

http://tinyurl.com/3gcqnk

"Hi. I've got a scrolling issue that I hope someone can help me with. I
have a Toshiba A215-S6804 laptop with Vista Home Premium SP1, IE7 and
OpenOffice. I had installed a Dynex optical wireless notebook mouse and
found that I could only vertically scroll in IE7. I assumed it was a
driver issue because Dynex don't market this mouse specifically for
Vista. So I bought a Logitech V320 wireless optical mouse and installed
that yesterday. This one is supposed to scroll vertically and
horizontally. Well, in IE7 I have no problems scrolling (both ways), but
in any other program I can not get it to scroll. I've tried OpenOffice
document, WordPad, and even the help file from Logitech too - nothing
will vertically scroll! I'm lost. I have downloaded the most recent
software from Logitech with no luck. I have got to assume it's a Vista
issue. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!"

--
simrick405