Mouse Settings

Old August 9th 07, 02:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Spirit

Default Mouse Settings

I have read the Logitech's have trouble with Vista,,,, look for
updated drivers and rodent utilities.

"Corrvan" wrote in message
I'm having this problem also. Very annoying having to speed up the mouse
every reboot. Using Logitech MX510 optical mouse. I'd love to buy a new
mouse, but newer mice have less side buttons and i really love my side
buttons =) heh.

Interesting though, this problem only happened after installing logitech's
driver, then uninstalling it after finding it screwed up my button
settings.

After uninstalling logitechs driver and installing the windows native one,
it resets on reboot.

"Daniel" wrote:

What you say is logical but it is a lot of money to spend to find it
still
does not fix the problem.

Does anyone know what the cause of the problem is and
had anyone found that using one with a specific Vista driver fixed the
problem.

regards

Daniel

"Cal Bear '66" wrote in message
Perhaps a new mouse with Vista specific drivers is in order.

I have a USB Microsoft optical mouse and it is working very will with
all
custom setting remembered.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Pgelabert" wrote in message
Well, being that it doesn't seem to be a particular mouse problem
(reading
through the Vista forums I can see many are having this problem, some
with
Intellipoint Mice, some with Logitech, and some with all other kinds)
thought it was something to do with the native Vista drivers for mice
in
general. I have an older mouse, a logitech that used to run under
mouseware
(not Vista compatible). the mouse works just fine without installing
any
other driver, but the settings for the speed don't stick. I tried
installing
the new setpoint for logitech but it is not backward compatible for
legacy
devices just yet, as they indicate on their website.

Any help? Thanks again!

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

Being as how my ESP powers are nil.

What mouse? What driver version?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Pgelabert" wrote in message
Yes, my mouse settings are not sticking. very annoying! Any fixes
on
that
people? Thanks!

"rrollins" wrote:

Same thing happens for me. Whats the fix here. Why does Reboot
clear
out MY
settings?

"Bad Pom" wrote:

I changed the speed of my mouse but every time I shut down and
log
back on
it
resets to the factory slow speed. Does anyone know how to stop
this? Thanks

Old August 9th 07, 02:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Corrvan

logitech's website now says "we do not support windows vista, use the native
driver".
err.. rodent utility? haha, i imagine that means some kind of mouse
software.. but uhh.. elaborate please? =)

Old August 9th 07, 02:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Spirit

Yes some Mice include with their drivers some utilities to
add features or functionality to the rodents. Hence one
sometimes needs to update both the drivers and any
extra utilities.

Old August 9th 07, 03:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Corrvan

ah yes. that was the issue, i installed the utilities, it made games have no
idea what my mouse buttons were, and since uninstalling the utilities i get
this problem. No logitech utilities available for my mouse in vista anymore.