Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

Old June 22nd 07, 10:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
SapperPest19

Default "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have gotten this error after installing several different programs
so I can only assume the problem is with Vista Home Premium.

Here's one example of the problem that confuses me. I recently bought
a Garmin GPS. The setup CD had a program called nRoute. I installed it
from the CD. The last step of the install gave me the option to run
the app. I checked the box and nRoute worked fine. After ending the
program, trying to restart the program gives the error. I could
re-install it from the CD and run it fine. But running it by clicking
on the shortcut produces the error. I downloaded the most current
version of nRoute from the Garmin website and the same thing happened.
It runs fine from the installation but not using the shortcut.

I've tried searching for a solution but the only solutions I could
find were for XP or Vista Business. I have an HP Pavillion dv922us
running Vista Home Premium with 2GB of ram. I'm not sure what other
information might be relevant.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone might be able to provide.
Old June 22nd 07, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Malke

SapperPest19 wrote:
[...]

The problem is not with Vista per se as you are assuming but rather with
the programs you are installing. It sounds as though they are not
compatible with Vista. Contact the programs' respective tech support
people to 1) find out if each program is really Vista-compatible; 2) and
if not what their solution is. There may be newer versions of the
programs, patches, workarounds, etc.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Old June 22nd 07, 01:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
SapperPest19

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 06:08:27 -0700, Malke
wrote:

SapperPest19 wrote:
[...]

Well, after looking on the website, nRoute does not list vista under
requirements but will run after the install. It will not run using the
shortcut. However, it will run in safe mode using the shortcut.
Another example is CyberLink PowerDirector. I was looking at the "Try
Free" version and it does list vista in the requirements.
Old June 22nd 07, 02:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Malke

SapperPest19 wrote:

Well, after looking on the website, nRoute does not list vista under
requirements but will run after the install. It will not run using the
shortcut. However, it will run in safe mode using the shortcut.
Another example is CyberLink PowerDirector. I was looking at the "Try
Free" version and it does list vista in the requirements.

This doesn't really change my answer. If nRoute doesn't list Vista, then
it isn't truly Vista-compatible. You could try running the program in
compatibility mode or as Administrator. Look in Vista's Help for both
those terms for more details. Or contact the nRoute tech support people
for your problem with their software.

If the PowerDirector site says their software works with Vista and you
are having problems, I would make their tech support my first stop. As I
said in my first post to you, the program's tech support will know if
there are issues, workarounds, patches, etc. If you get no useful
response from them, then look into compatibility mode/run as Administrator.

Malke
Old June 22nd 07, 04:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
SapperPest19

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 07:09:54 -0700, Malke
wrote:

SapperPest19 wrote:

[...]

First of all...thanks for taking the time to respond. I called Garmin.
During the conversation, I said something about comparability mode.
The guy said the version of software I am running was actually written
for vista. He also suggested running it in admin mode and that solved
the problem. He said that there are some issues with vista's security
that have to be worked out. I tried the other program in admin mode
and that solved that problem as well. Is there any way to set up those
programs to always run as admin by double-clicking instead of having
to rt click and choose it?
Old June 22nd 07, 11:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Malke

SapperPest19 wrote:

First of all...thanks for taking the time to respond. I called Garmin.
During the conversation, I said something about comparability mode.
The guy said the version of software I am running was actually written
for vista. He also suggested running it in admin mode and that solved
the problem. He said that there are some issues with vista's security
that have to be worked out. I tried the other program in admin mode
and that solved that problem as well. Is there any way to set up those
programs to always run as admin by double-clicking instead of having
to rt click and choose it?

Cool. Thanks for letting us know how you solved it. Here's a link to an
article at howtogeek.com "Always Start an Application in Administrator
Mode on Windows Vista":

http://tinyurl.com/2fdbn2

And here's an excellent explanation of the UAC feature by MVP Jimmy Brush:

http://www.jimmah.com/vista/security/uac.aspx

Malke
Old January 7th 09, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Leles

doesen't happen only with Vista...i have the same problem with XP and a
MapSource from Garmin too...
any idea?

--
Leles
Leles's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/leles.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old April 25th 09, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
gimme

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.

k now here is the money shot, I get the same runtime message when my
laptop comes out of hibernation and when i right click on the desktop to
bring up properties, seems that explorer itself is the problem here.
It all started when i installed my logitech mouse software, i have
removed the software in an attempt to fix the problem.
It persists and i am not too sure on how to re install vista on my pc
when it came pre loaded.
what should i do?

--
gimme
gimme's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/93750.htm

Old March 26th 10, 05:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Demuri

Hi friend! It not a joke, probably is ridiculous, but make so: Before
installation enter in
" Start/Contril Panel ",
choose item:
" Regional and Language Options ",
press on tab
"Advansed"
and be convinced that is established (or change) in " Language for non
unicode programs "
- language
"English".
And after end of installation can return your
language setting back.
Otherwise setup.exe will swear:
" runtime error!
way. Please contact the application's support team for more
information."
It was error all version of windows XP,Windows7 and vista also! I'm
Checked everywhere in all windows

--
Demuri
Demuri's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/200412.htm