Movie Maker - Over riding movie audio w/ music

Old June 23rd 07, 12:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Fruity Fishy

Default Movie Maker - Over riding movie audio w/ music

Is it possible for Movie Maker to over ride the audio from my movie with a
music track? I've put music tracks in my movie but the audio of me talking is
playing at the same time... how can I make it stop? any ideas?
Old June 23rd 07, 03:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer

Fruity Fishy wrote:
Is it possible for Movie Maker to over ride the audio from my movie
with a music track? I've put music tracks in my movie but the audio
of me talking is playing at the same time... how can I make it stop?
any ideas?

===============
Right click / Mute?

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old June 23rd 07, 02:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Adam Albright

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:06:00 -0700, Fruity Fishy Fruity
wrote:

Is it possible for Movie Maker to over ride the audio from my movie with a
music track? I've put music tracks in my movie but the audio of me talking is
playing at the same time... how can I make it stop? any ideas?

Not sure exactly what you want to do, so some general information.

1. Change to timeline view. Where you see the little plus sign (+)
click on it.

2. You now should see multiple tracks, one for the video, another for
transitions, audio PLUS another for audio-music and one for
overlays.

If your source file contains both a video and audio track this
automatically will take up two tracks in timeline view.

To mute any track, right click on it. Then you can add fade-in and
fade out effects, totally mute the track or adjust the volume.

If you wish to ADD a music background or narration, first import that
file then drag it to the track not occupied from the video's audio.

Now play the project and if you've added an additional audio track you
should hear it plus the original sound track both playing at once. By
right clicking on either you can either mute one or both or adjust the
volume of either. Once you render the project the two audio tracks get
merged into one.

Keep in mind Movie Maker is a entry level application and very limited
in what it can do.

If you're ready for the next step a very good and totally free
application that will help you do way more with audio is called
Audacity. If I get feedback I'll explain in more detail why you may
want it and some of what it can do and why it is important if you want
to advance on your journey to making better more professional videos.