Vista Banter

-   -   4GB Vista 64, Memory Remapping for ASUS A8AE-LE ASUS Motherboard? (http://www.vistabanter.com/54628-4gb-vista-64-memory-remapping-asus-a8ae-le-asus-motherboard.html)

Rod June 23rd 07 05:49 PM

4GB Vista 64, Memory Remapping for ASUS A8AE-LE ASUS Motherboard?

I understand to utilitze all 4GB memory remapping needs to be enabled within
the bios. My motherboard does not have this option. Has anyone upgraded the
bios in ASUS A8AE-LE Motherboard to do so?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rod

freddy June 23rd 07 06:33 PM

4GB Vista 64, Memory Remapping for ASUS A8AE-LE ASUS Motherboard?

Rod,

The following Microsoft article explains all the things you need, in
addition to remapping in BIOS:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929605/

If you have all the items necessary to utilize 4 GB or more of RAM, and lack
only the BIOS feature, then you can get the BIOS update from the manufacturer
of your motherboard, if the rest of the system can handle it.
--
freddy

Rod June 23rd 07 10:30 PM

4GB Vista 64, Memory Remapping for ASUS A8AE-LE ASUS Motherboa

Thanks Freddy,

yea, i updated the bios but still does not display the option to remapp the
memory.

I dont think there is anything i can do.

freddy June 23rd 07 11:01 PM

4GB Vista 64, Memory Remapping for ASUS A8AE-LE ASUS Motherboa

Rod,

I think you are correct. Your system can't do remapping.
--
freddy