Old February 24th 08, 10:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
[email protected]

Default Vista Administrator has "access denied" to 2nd hard drive?

Well trying to secure some files on a 2nd drive (D drive). I had set
it up to block access to everyone but me (the administrator). Now even
while logged on as the administrator I can't access the files on the
drive. I get a message " D:\ is not accessible", "Access is
denied"?????? What is up with that? So I tried to do a system restore
but without getting into pointless details on that, it didn't work. So
Trying to change the D drive security settings back to default I go
into Properties, Security, advanced, everything appears to look good
as the administrator is set to have "full control" of the drive. I
tried a few other logical options on there but nothing has
changed.Administrator is still denied access. So now that logic
doesn't work, what now?