Please help me friends...

Old April 7th 11, 09:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Holly[_3_]

Default Please help me friends...

Hello Farhad!!

Would you please tell me (and others) how you solved the first problem ?? !

Could be, that I?m facing the same or a similar situation ...

Thank you for your help!!

With kind regards!
Holly

On Monday, June 25, 2007 2:23 AM Farha wrote:

Hello,

Actually, I have problem with installing software in vista,
At first this installation request to access to registry, and i face to
below error message:

Error performing installer tasks - System.Security.SecurityException:
Requested registry access is not allowed.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowSecurityException(Exceptio nResource resource)
at Microsoft.win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean Writable)
at VBLibraries.Common.LicenseManager.RegistryKeyExist (RegistryKey Group,
String Section)
at ORION_V2._0.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
The Zone of the assembly taht failed was:
MyComputer

*ORION_V2._0 is name of my software.
Then I have solved this problem,
But now I have below new error message:

Error performing installer task -
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80005000): Unknown
error(0x80005000)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boole an throwIfFail)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_IsCont ainer()
at
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntries.ChildEnu merator..ctor(DirectoryEntry container)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntries.GetEnume rator()
at
VBLibraries.Common.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServ icesManager.CreateVirtualDirectory(String WebSite, String AppName, String Path)
at ORION_v2._0.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)

I looking forwards to hear from you,
Appreciate your consideration.
--
Best Regards,
Farhad.

On Monday, June 25, 2007 7:17 PM Don wrote:

Farhad wrote:

My guess is that orion is not yet compatible with Vista. I used google
to search for orion and I got too many responses for me to tell what
your software does. Does the maker of orion say that it should work
with Vista?

Please tell us how you solved it!

On Monday, June 25, 2007 11:16 PM Farha wrote:

Acctually ORION_V2._0 is the Off-line plant information management system for
performance monitoring system, you can check out the link below to get to
know about ORION:

http://www.mpgtech.com/voyager.html

Appreciate your consideration,
--
Best Regards,
Farhad.

"Don" wrote:

On Tuesday, June 26, 2007 9:48 AM Malke wrote:

Farhad wrote:

I can't imagine why you wouldn't have contacted MPG Technologies first
with this question. This is very specific software for a very specific
usage. Contact them to see if their software is compatible with Vista.

http://www.mpgtech.com/contacts.html

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

On Tuesday, June 26, 2007 10:40 PM Farha wrote:

I'm working in MPG and they told me, I should solve this problem for them,
and make their software compatible with vista, I should find the solution if
there is any solution for this error.
--
Best Regards,
Farhad.

"Malke" wrote:

On Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:22 AM Richard G. Harper wrote:

If the software maker doesn't want to update their software, there isn't
much we can do for you about it. Sorry.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

"Farhad" wrote in message

On Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:09 AM Malke wrote:

Farhad wrote:

You must be kidding. You work for the company and they told you to ask a
peer-to-peer newsgroup for help instead of sitting down and rewriting
the code?

I'm sure there is a wealth of information about writing programs that
will work on Vista aimed at programmers. Start with MSDN.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

On Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:18 PM Farha wrote:

Actually company developers have developed this software by Visual
Studio2005, and they said because Visual Studio2005 is compatible with vista
our software also should be compatible, what is your sugestion?
By the way, this software has to kind of installation, one is the Server
side second is the Client side, once i want to install the client side it
gave me the below error message:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with
CLSID{10020200-E260-11CF-AE68-00AA004A34D5} failed due to the following
error: 80040154.

Appreciate your consideration.
--
Best Regards,
Farhad.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

On Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:12 AM Seth wrote:

"Farhad" wrote in message

Yes, VS2005 with a service pack (forget which one) is compatible with Vista.
But that still doesn't take the repsonsibility of making sure the app
written in VS2005 is Vista compliant away form the developers. I can write
an app in WBASIC that will or won't work on a Vista machine. Same for any
other language.

On Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:12 AM Malke wrote:

Farhad wrote:

My suggestion is what it was before - post to a Vista developers'
newsgroup or a Visual Studio developers' group or tell your developers
that your application isn't working and they need to stop being lazy and
figure it out.

Malke