Please keep using the "My..." nomenclature for My Documents, My Vi

Old August 30th 06, 05:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
SquirrelSF

Default Please keep using the "My..." nomenclature for My Documents, My Vi

Please keep using the "My..." nomenclature for My Documents, My Videos, My
Picuters, etc. It took me awhile to like that, and one I accepted it,
started naming subfolders like My Finances, My Scripts, My Work Projects,
etc. As I developer, I even got coworkers to have our ISV application's
output work files go into My Documents\My EQuIS Work\ folder by default
(where EQuIS is the name of our custom app). So please keep using that and
don't drop the "My..."'s in Vista.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... e_management

Old September 2nd 06, 12:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Trevor C

They have been abolished. Furthermore, given that RC1 has been released it
is pretty late in the game to change that.

Old September 3rd 06, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Jan Kucera

You should use Windows API to get the folders. They can be even anywhere
else. And you could probably move them to your My folders...
But I also agree the current way is better.
Jan

Old September 4th 06, 05:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Jan Kucera

"Jan Kucera" wrote in message
You should use Windows API to get the folders. They can be even anywhere
else. And you could probably move them to your My folders...
But I also agree the current way is better.
Jan

(the non-my way). ;-) It is terrible to have another user's documents in
folder C:\Document and Settings\Administrator\Administrator's Documents.