Can not print from IE7 in Vista

Old August 7th 07, 05:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
rani

Default Can not print from IE7 in Vista

Curiously, if you choose to run IE7 as an
Administrator it lets you print ok.

"RonM" wrote:

Thanks Dave, But that is not the problem, I have no problem with the 'low'
directory. In fact, curiosly, when I select print, I can watch the 'low'
directory fill with files to be queued. Then when I click 'ok' in the print
dialog the files are removed from 'low' and the document appears in the print
queue and then it is printed into thin air. Something is intercepting the
data stream between the queue and the printer.

"Dave" wrote:

You might want to try this..

"To solve your problem, you need to change the integrity level of the
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\Low folder
Execute the following command:
icacls C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\Low /setintegritylevel
(OI)(CI)low
Protected mode can only write to low integrity objects."

http://forum.piriform.com/lofiversio...php/t9842.html

"RonM" wrote in message
I am checking to see if there is any new insight as to the print problem I
am
having.

I have contacted HP support and they are bouncing the problem back to
Microsoft as they say it appears the problem is with IE 7 since IE 7
protected mode is the only location which printing is not functioning.
They
also confirmed that the issue with the HP Director is not what I am
experiencing.

Ron

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

Is this an upgrade to Vista or a clean install? Was the printer left
disconnected from the PC during the upgrade or clean install?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"RonM" wrote in message
Cari,

As far as I can tell, the HP Director article does not apply to my
situation. The print window opens just fine, but the document never
gets
placed in the queue (although the empty queue opens in the task bar).
can't find the HP director download anyway as HP has no Vista downloads
available for my printer because the driver is bundled in the vista
distribution.

Ron

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

This is the standard HP Director article:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...name=c00802504

UAC should be left enabled, for obvious reasons.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"RonM" wrote in message
I followed the link in your message, and there are no downloads
available
for
my printer on the HP website.

I am not sure what the "HP Director" is, but if it is the option
dialog
that
opens when you click print, I have it and when I click print in that
dialog
box I get the printer icon on the task bar but the document does not
get
queued. That is a different problem from the issue stated in the
document
you point to.

As I stated in an earlier message it seems to have somthing to do
with
UAC
as disabling UAC or starting IE7 as Admin allows printing.

Ron

"PA Bear" wrote:

X-post to Vista.Print_Fax_Scan newsgroup.

Have you installed the new version of HP Director?
--
~PA Bear

RonM wrote:
PA Bear,

That is not the solution to this problem. The proper drivers for
my
printer
are included on the Vista disk. I just talked to HP live chat
and
they
say
it is a Vista IE7 problem and they have no fix.

Ron

"PA Bear" wrote:

Download/install the new version of HP Director from:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...name=c00802504
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

RonM wrote:
When I attempt to print a web page, I get the print dialog and
the
printer
icon appears on the task bar but no document is queued and I
get
no
printout. I can print every where else in windows, just not
from
IE7.

My OS is Vista Ultimate 32bit.
My printer is HP Deskjet 5650

I have checked the HP website for driver updates and HP says
the
driver
for
my printer is included in Win Vista.

Ron

Old October 23rd 07, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
RonM

Default Can not print from IE7 in Vista/ or I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION !!!

Hi Cari,
I just wanted to thank you an PA Bear for your attempts to assist me on my
printing problem, and I want to point out the solution I have now found, as
it is likely to help others.

Besides my IE7 printing problem I was also having several programs
generating a "program has stopped working" error in Vista. Searching the
EventViewer showed the faulting module in each case was a BitDefender module
called "sockspy.dll". BitDefender now recommends renaming that file to
"sockspy.dl_" to disable it, which has fixed my program errors.

Long story short, it also fixed my IE7 printing problem. My printout no
longer go off to limbo, but straight to the printer!

Ron

"RonM" wrote in message
Cari,

As far as I can tell, the HP Director article does not apply to my
situation. The print window opens just fine, but the document never gets
placed in the queue (although the empty queue opens in the task bar). I

Old November 23rd 07, 08:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Busdriverhk

Hi Ron,

Could you please spell out exactly what you did, searching the
eventviewer?? And how to reanme a file? Don't understand? Not very windows
savy. I obviously have the same problem, but I managed to get it working
disabling the protected mode, which is NOT my prefered option.

Thx Bruce

Old November 24th 07, 04:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
RonM

"Busdriverhk" wrote:

Hi Ron,

Could you please spell out exactly what you did, searching the
eventviewer?? And how to reanme a file? Don't understand? Not very windows
savy. I obviously have the same problem, but I managed to get it working
disabling the protected mode, which is NOT my prefered option.

Thx Bruce

Bruce,

If I can simplify my answer:

If you are running BitDefender Antivirus V10 and your operating system is
Vista, then you likely have the problem I did.
Before I describe the solution, I just want to mention that just
uninstalling BitDefender V10 and upgrading to BitDefender 2008 is likely to
solve the entire problem and it has a free download and evaluation period.
Now, on to the instructions for the fix:
There is a module (sockspy.dll) in BitDefender that causes a problem with
Vista UAC and must be disabled. Disabling it will not cause a problem with
your virus protection. You can find more information on that from the
BitDefender forum at:
http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=420
Anyway, you will need to go to C:\windows\system32\ and rename ‘sockspy.dll’
to ‘sockspy.dl_’, this prevents the file from being loaded by BitDefender and
effectively is equivalent to deleting the file. Unfortunately, though
renaming most files is very simple, it is not so simple to rename Vista
system files since you first have to take ownership (even if you are logged
in as admin). There is a good example of how to take ownership of a Vista
system file to rename, delete, or overwrite at this web site:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/
You may also need to temporarily disable User Account Control, and there are
plenty of instruction on the web for that if you are not familiar.
Some of the things I have mentioned here are fairly advanced methods. If
you are a computer novice and need help with such things as renaming files, I
would suggest that before you attempt any of what I have described above,
that you go to your local book store and purchase a good beginner’s book on
“Windows Vista”. Read and play with that for a while before you attempt any
of the above. And I am often amazed at what I can find by simply typing a
question into the google.com search prompt.
Hope this helps.
Ron