"No Audio Output Device is installed"?

Old February 16th 08, 03:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
rex1324q

Default "No Audio Output Device is installed"?

hi im having the same problem i updated and i got the big red X and when
i go to click on it it displays "No Audio Output Device is installed" i
have a compaq with Conextant High Definition Audio running windows vista
home basic and the compaq model is Presario F500 (RZ330UA#ABA) and my
processor is a Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 3500+ 1.80 GHz, also just in
case you need this i have 1470mb of ram, and its a 32-bit os i have no
idea how to fix this problem but i'd like my sound back thank you! =:-)

--
rex1324q

Old February 16th 08, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Malke[_2_]

rex1324q wrote:

hi im having the same problem i updated and i got the big red X and when
i go to click on it it displays "No Audio Output Device is installed" i
have a compaq with Conextant High Definition Audio running windows vista
home basic and the compaq model is Presario F500 (RZ330UA#ABA) and my
processor is a Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 3500+ 1.80 GHz, also just in
case you need this i have 1470mb of ram, and its a 32-bit os i have no
idea how to fix this problem but i'd like my sound back thank you! =:-)

The same problem as what? Updated from what? You're posting on one of those
websites that purports to be a "forum" but really just scrapes Usenet
newsgroup postings. Those of us who use a real newsreader to access Usenet
(very easy to set up and I'll give you the standard information below)
don't see the other post to which you are referring so have no idea what
you mean.

The general answer is that you need to go to HP's website and find the audio
drivers for your specific model machine, download and install them. If you
need more help or need to provide more details (like what you've already
done to troubleshoot) then refer to the "How to Post" section below.

*****
Since you are using a web interface, you may not realize that this is really
a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you learn to use
a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows, but you can use
Outlook Express (XP) or Windows Mail (Vista) since you already have it.
Here are some links to information about newsgroups:

About Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/ - Usenet FAQs from the Internet FAQ Archives
http://www.usenetmonster.com/infocenter/
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet - a brief explanation
of newsgroups

Outlook Express/Windows Mail as Newsreader:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/outloo...snewreader.htm
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/accessi...ndows_mail.htm

How to Post:
http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.htm - How Not to Get Technical Help on
Usenet

microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is working
properly
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/munad.htm - how to munge email address
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting - crossposting
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting

Other Newsreaders for Windows:
http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php - Forte
http://www.mozilla.org - Thunderbird
http://gravity.tbates.org/
http://www.40tude.com/dialog/
http://xnews.newsguy.com/
*****

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Old May 26th 08, 05:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ModestMouse

Malke;683445 Wrote:
rex1324q wrote:

hi im having the same problem i updated and i got the big red X and

when
i go to click on it it displays "No Audio Output Device is installed"

have a compaq with Conextant High Definition Audio running windows

vista
home basic and the compaq model is Presario F500 (RZ330UA#ABA) and my
processor is a Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 3500+ 1.80 GHz, also just

in
case you need this i have 1470mb of ram, and its a 32-bit os i have

no
idea how to fix this problem but i'd like my sound back thank you!

=:-)

[...]

'Usenet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet)
'Internet FAQ Archives -* Online Education' (http://www.faqs.org/faqs/)
- Usenet FAQs from the Internet FAQ Archives
'Usenet Information Center: Information about Usenit newsgroops and
binaries news groups' (http://www.usenetmonster.com/infocenter/)
'page2' (http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet) - a
brief explanation
of newsgroups

Outlook Express/Windows Mail as Newsreader:
'Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader'
(http://michaelstevenstech.com/outloo...snewreader.htm)
'Setting up Outlook Express as a newsreader'
(http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm)
'John Barnett's Windows Vista Support: Accessing Newsgroups With
Windows Mail' (http://tinyurl.com/3avt5q)

How to Post:
'page2' (http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet)
'How to ask a question'
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375) - How to Ask a
Question
'How Not To Get Technical Help on Usenet'
(http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.htm) - How Not to Get Technical
Help on
Usenet
'How To Ask Questions The Smart Way'
(http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html)

'Microsoft Public Newsgroups' (http://aumha.org/nntp.htm) - list of MS
newsgroups
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working
properly
'Munge Address' (http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/munad.htm) - how to
munge email address
'Crossposting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting) - crossposting
'Multiposting vs Crossposting'
(http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm) - multiposting

Other Newsreaders for Windows:
'Agent Newsreader & Premium Newsgroups'
(http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php) - Forte
'Mozilla.org - Home of the Mozilla Project' (http://www.mozilla.org) -
Thunderbird
'Tom's Gravity Pages' (http://gravity.tbates.org/)
'40tude Dialog Homepage' (http://www.40tude.com/dialog/)
'Xnews' (http://xnews.newsguy.com/)
*****

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers

I still have no sound, Vista Home Premium is still telling me: "No
Audio Output Device is Installed.". I followed this forum because it
worked for a previous user and reinstalled my sound device, (Which in
this case are two new Bose speakers which plug in headphone jack).
However, I Get the same error message and sound is not working, I am a
big gamer, so no sound will not do. If anyone could please advise if i
could solve this problem myself, I really do not want to go deal with
Dell/Microsoft on this. It worked great 4 days ago -_-

--
ModestMouse

Old November 6th 08, 11:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
nao dii

Default Ooooh, I feel Ya. I HATE that red X over my speaker.But I did find a solution.

Don't worry, you are not the only one. I had that problem and it took about 1 week before I could find a fix. The red x over my speaker drove me CRAZY. Silence is not always golden. According to www.noaudiooutput.com there can be several fixes, it all depends on your cause. You may try reinstalling your driver in safe mode. If that doesn't do it then check out noaudiooutput.com, that is where I got my fix
Old April 13th 10, 11:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sarah kills

Default itunes

omg the same thing happened to my when i installed itunes it said i had no audio!!

Mallor wrote:

"No Audio Output Device is installed"?
27-Jun-07

I had iTunes running last night when the LiveUpdate program restarted my
laptop and when I turned everything on this morning, I was informed that I
have no audio devices installed. What is going on?

On Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:54 PM
Mallor wrote:

"No Audio Output Device is installed"?
I had iTunes running last night when the LiveUpdate program restarted my
laptop and when I turned everything on this morning, I was informed that I
have no audio devices installed. What is going on?

On Wednesday, June 27, 2007 1:58 PM
fkirsche wrote:

Mallory,In Device Manager, open the Properties of your sound device, and note
Mallory,

In Device Manager, open the Properties of your sound device, and note what
error messages are displayed. The Properties section typically provides some
guidance as to what corrective action to take. Follow any advice provided.

In addition, if all else fails, you can remove the sound card in Device
Manager, thus allowing Windows to reinstall it when you reboot. This step
often fixes problems such as you have. Post back if none of these
suggestions does anything. We'll try to devise another approach.
--
freddy

"Mallory" wrote:

On Wednesday, June 27, 2007 2:34 PM
Mallor wrote:

Thank you!!
Thank you!! I ended up restarting and whatever was wrong resolved
itself...Thanks again for your help!

"freddy" wrote:

On Thursday, June 28, 2007 2:34 AM
Stephani wrote:

im having the same problem witrh the "No Audio Output Device is installed"?
im having the same problem witrh the "No Audio Output Device is installed"?
after using my itunes i restarted but it did nothing

"Mallory" wrote:

On Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:40 AM
Cal Bear '66 wrote:

What is your audio adapter in Control Panel Device Manager, (expand Sound,
What is your audio adapter in Control Panel Device Manager, (expand Sound,
video and game controllers)?

Have you downloaded and installed audio device Vista drivers from your computer
manufacturer or audio device manufacturer?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Stephanie" wrote in message

On Wednesday, August 22, 2007 9:32 AM
IWANTANAPPL wrote:

I recently installed Vista Ultimate on my computer.
I recently installed Vista Ultimate on my computer. It has been a nightmare
and Microsoft customer service has absolutely sucked. Essentially, after
installing VU, I now have to upgrade my Office (another $400) and somehow
when a Microsoft Customer Service rep was performing an external audit on my
system, he removed my audio device. I don't know how to reinstall the device.
When I go on line and download the noted driver (simatel HiDef Audio CODEC),
it is noted as working properly. I can't figure it out and neither can
Microsoft. Anyone have any ideas?

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

On Wednesday, August 22, 2007 12:02 PM
Cal Bear '66 wrote:

Did you first UNINSTALL the Sigma Tel device (including checking the box to
Did you first UNINSTALL the Sigma Tel device (including checking the box to
delete driver files) and reboot before you tried to install the downloaded
driver files?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"IWANTANAPPLE" wrote in message

On Wednesday, August 22, 2007 12:44 PM
IWANTANAPPL wrote:

I had not done this, but will try it. I'll try anything.
I had not done this, but will try it. I'll try anything. I am so disappointed
in Vista Ultimate and Microsoft, I placed an order for an Apple today. This
machine will now just be a back up....if it ever works again. I'll let you
know how it worked out.

"IWANTANAPPLE" wrote:

On Wednesday, August 22, 2007 7:02 PM
normviv7 wrote:

I am having the same problem and also have SigmaTel.
I am having the same problem and also have SigmaTel. I just ran the
uninstall including selecting the check box, rebooted - saw Vista (32 bit)
install the missing bits. Then I downloaded the SigmaTel driver for Vista
from Dell, installed it and rebooted.

It still says it cannot play music files because of an audio device problem.

Under 'services' Windows Audio & Windows Audio Endpoint Builder cannot be
started -The first because of dependency on the second and that one because
of "Error 0x80070003: The system cannot find the path specified."

Norman Castel

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

On Saturday, February 16, 2008 10:06 AM
rex1324q wrote:

hi im having the same problem i updated and i got the big red X and wheni go
hi im having the same problem i updated and i got the big red X and when
i go to click on it it displays "No Audio Output Device is installed" i
have a compaq with Conextant High Definition Audio running windows vista
home basic and the compaq model is Presario F500 (RZ330UA#ABA) and my
processor is a Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 3500+ 1.80 GHz, also just in
case you need this i have 1470mb of ram, and its a 32-bit os i have no
idea how to fix this problem but i'd like my sound back thank you! =:-)

--
rex1324q

rex1324q wrote:

[...]

Malke;683445 Wrote:
I still have no sound, Vista Home Premium is still telling me: "No
Audio Output Device is Installed.". I followed this forum because it
worked for a previous user and reinstalled my sound device, (Which in
this case are two new Bose speakers which plug in headphone jack).
However, I Get the same error message and sound is not working, I am a
big gamer, so no sound will not do. If anyone could please advise if i
could solve this problem myself, I really do not want to go deal with
Dell/Microsoft on this. It worked great 4 days ago -_-

--
ModestMouse

On Thursday, November 06, 2008 6:07 AM
nao dii wrote:

Ooooh, I feel Ya. I HATE that red X over my speaker. But I did find a solution.
Don't worry, you are not the only one. I had that problem and it took about 1 week before I could find a fix. The red x over my speaker drove me CRAZY. Silence is not always golden. According to www.noaudiooutput.com there can be several fixes, it all depends on your cause. You may try reinstalling your driver in safe mode. If that doesn't do it then check out noaudiooutput.com, that is where I got my fix

On Thursday, April 09, 2009 11:29 AM
Mohammad Rastkar wrote:

The Solution
You should install a Vista update (Update for Windows Vista (KB929685)).

Download from he
http://www.4shared.com/file/97604377...29685-x86.html

Microsoft says for this update:
Install this update to address an issue
that may prevent high-definition audio devices from initializing
after resuming the system from a sleep or hibernation state.
After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

On Sunday, April 19, 2009 8:36 PM
naresh wrote:

no audio output device is installed
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Saturday, April 25, 2009 10:46 AM
wayne wrote:

audio devices
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Wednesday, June 03, 2009 2:48 PM
carlos hernandez wrote:

NO AUDIO EN MI COMPUTADORA
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Monday, July 06, 2009 3:14 PM
ELIJAH BEN wrote:

No Audio Output Device is installed
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

WPF Report Engine, Part 2
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ne-part-2.aspx