"No Audio Output Device is installed"?

Old June 27th 07, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mallory

Default "No Audio Output Device is installed"?

I had iTunes running last night when the LiveUpdate program restarted my
laptop and when I turned everything on this morning, I was informed that I
have no audio devices installed. What is going on?
Old June 27th 07, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Mallory,

In Device Manager, open the Properties of your sound device, and note what
error messages are displayed. The Properties section typically provides some
guidance as to what corrective action to take. Follow any advice provided.

In addition, if all else fails, you can remove the sound card in Device
Manager, thus allowing Windows to reinstall it when you reboot. This step
often fixes problems such as you have. Post back if none of these
suggestions does anything. We'll try to devise another approach.
--
freddy

Old June 27th 07, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mallory

Thank you!! I ended up restarting and whatever was wrong resolved
itself...Thanks again for your help!

Old June 28th 07, 06:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Stephanie

im having the same problem witrh the "No Audio Output Device is installed"?
after using my itunes i restarted but it did nothing

Old June 28th 07, 02:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

What is your audio adapter in Control Panel Device Manager, (expand Sound,
video and game controllers)?

Have you downloaded and installed audio device Vista drivers from your computer
manufacturer or audio device manufacturer?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old August 22nd 07, 01:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
IWANTANAPPLE

I recently installed Vista Ultimate on my computer. It has been a nightmare
and Microsoft customer service has absolutely sucked. Essentially, after
installing VU, I now have to upgrade my Office (another $400) and somehow
when a Microsoft Customer Service rep was performing an external audit on my
system, he removed my audio device. I don't know how to reinstall the device.
When I go on line and download the noted driver (simatel HiDef Audio CODEC),
it is noted as working properly. I can't figure it out and neither can
Microsoft. Anyone have any ideas?

Old August 22nd 07, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Did you first UNINSTALL the Sigma Tel device (including checking the box to
delete driver files) and reboot before you tried to install the downloaded
driver files?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old August 22nd 07, 04:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Uninstall the Sigma Tel audio device in Control Panel (Classic view) Device
Manager

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old August 22nd 07, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
IWANTANAPPLE

I had not done this, but will try it. I'll try anything. I am so disappointed
in Vista Ultimate and Microsoft, I placed an order for an Apple today. This
machine will now just be a back up....if it ever works again. I'll let you
know how it worked out.

Old August 22nd 07, 11:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
normviv73

I am having the same problem and also have SigmaTel. I just ran the
uninstall including selecting the check box, rebooted - saw Vista (32 bit)
install the missing bits. Then I downloaded the SigmaTel driver for Vista
from Dell, installed it and rebooted.

It still says it cannot play music files because of an audio device problem.

Under 'services' Windows Audio & Windows Audio Endpoint Builder cannot be
started -The first because of dependency on the second and that one because
of "Error 0x80070003: The system cannot find the path specified."

Norman Castel