Can Vista Ultimate output to multiple audio devices?

Old July 7th 08, 04:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charlie Tame

Default Can Vista Ultimate output to multiple audio devices?

PD43 wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 23:05:06 -0500, Charlie Tame
wrote:

It is not necessarily MS, the device manufacturer may have updated
drivers that will do what you need. Did you look there?

And, forgive me if I am missing the point here but right click on the
speaker icon brings up a menu in my case. Again this may be due to the
device driver I think.

I think the speaker is driver-independent and is a Windows thing.

Mine comes up with AC97 audio, a mixer option, recording and playback
controls etc. It is different to what comes up on other machines (With
different onboard sound cards).

(I don't mean the PC speaker, the system tray icon is what I meant).
Old July 7th 08, 04:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PD43[_2_]

wrote:

It is not necessarily MS, the device manufacturer may have updated
drivers that will do what you need. Did you look there?

And, forgive me if I am missing the point here but right click on the
speaker icon brings up a menu in my case. Again this may be due to the
device driver I think.

I think the speaker is driver-independent and is a Windows thing.

Mine comes up with AC97 audio, a mixer option, recording and playback
controls etc. It is different to what comes up on other machines (With
different onboard sound cards).

(I don't mean the PC speaker, the system tray icon is what I meant).

I'm talking about the system tray icon as well. I have both: one is
the standard Windows speaker icon, the other is for my Soundblaster
card.
Old July 7th 08, 05:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charlie Tame

wrote:

It is not necessarily MS, the device manufacturer may have updated
drivers that will do what you need. Did you look there?

And, forgive me if I am missing the point here but right click on the
speaker icon brings up a menu in my case. Again this may be due to the
device driver I think.
I think the speaker is driver-independent and is a Windows thing.

Mine comes up with AC97 audio, a mixer option, recording and playback
controls etc. It is different to what comes up on other machines (With
different onboard sound cards).

(I don't mean the PC speaker, the system tray icon is what I meant).

I'm talking about the system tray icon as well. I have both: one is
the standard Windows speaker icon, the other is for my Soundblaster
card.

Ah, well I can't say for sure about playback but I know a driver update
changed mine a bit and also corrected a mic problem I had been
experiencing with skype.

As far as playback is concerned I "Think" it also corrected some speaker
setting anomaly (6 min jacks on my MB) where one jack was left and right
crossed over but I was not really paying attention because it was unused
at that time. Now however it is definitely the right way around.
Wouldn't swear to that though because it was a while ago and I wasn't
planning on using it.
Old August 5th 08, 01:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Joe Schmoe

Default Updates? Drivers? Windows has never been able to dothis??. This Baffles Me!!!

Our drivers? do all of us have the same hardware? same mobo's? same audio cards? are all of us using vista now, what versions are we using? have all of us who are using vista now used XP and DID IT WORK??

Well I know 15 of my clients who used XP all diffrent manufactures, (diffrent versions of XP as well..Home,Pro) diffrent mobo's, diffrent sound cards, all Drivers\Updates up to date in XP, and decided to upgrade to vista and all of them including myself (like others here) cannot get MICROSOFT'S VISTA to play audio through 2 outputs at once!

So.. how can we ask those who post here have you done your updates, or Tell them it's There (your) hardware, when so many have posted here with diffrent specs and all are having the same issue.... Not to mention it's all over google\search engines that people are having this issue and as far as i've researched no one has found a fix to it as of yet.

what really amazes me is all the posts here of people who have multiple audio sources, and the way society\Technology is changing with networking, multiple rooms\floors\Zones with tv\audio\video, surround sound etc...

Why they (MICROSOFT) push there all-in-one Almighty Media Center\Player (cough cough)and would take away a much needed option for media sharing(sound)\networking(Sound)\ the ultimate home\business experience.

One last note... multi-room\channels\Zones\floors of audio have been around for eons. Almost all surrond sound processors\recievers (even consumer ones from BestNOTBuy have the ability to push audio simultaneously to diffrent zones at once. AND XP DID AS WELL!!!

I'll be back in a few months to see if there's been any headway... good luck to all of you that are in the same boat as myself..

Old November 6th 08, 07:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
J A[_2_]

Default tell Microsoft to add multiple audio output--vote here!

If everyone votes for this maybe we'll see some action for the next version of windows:

http://www.windows7taskforce.com/view/76
Old November 6th 08, 08:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
liebezeit

wrote:

It is not necessarily MS, the device manufacturer may have updated
drivers that will do what you need. Did you look there?

And, forgive me if I am missing the point here but right click on the
speaker icon brings up a menu in my case. Again this may be due to the
device driver I think.

I think the speaker is driver-independent and is a Windows thing.

There is no reason Windows couldn't support this system wide. If we all
go here and vote for this feature, maybe they'll implement it for
Windows 7:

'Output to more than one audio device simultaneously - Windows 7
Taskforce' (http://www.windows7taskforce.com/view/76)

Go and vote!

--
liebezeit
Old November 7th 08, 02:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mpconex

I've got a problem like this on my Vista Ultimate.
I used to run XP and play guitar with 'Guitar Rig' while 'Guitar Pro'
plays bass, drums, etc, at same time.

On Vista, when i run Guitar Rig, i can hear my guitar, but when i run
Guitar Pro to play the base, i've got a message "Impossible to open the
MIDI port (Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth) Please close other MIDI
software or modify your MIDI setup."

When i run Guitar Pro first, to play base, it works, then i run Guitar
Rig and i got audio in (vu levels moves), but i cant attach audio out
because "Realtek HD Audio Output" is not available anymore.

I've done a search on some forums and a lot of people with same problem
is looking for fix.

Now i am back to XP and all sound stuff works together.

--
mpconex

Old November 28th 08, 07:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tweaked

My deal is I have a Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H and am using the onboard
audio. I have a simple (read cheap) 2.1 computer speaker set up, but I
also have dual monitors setup using the HDMI port to my HD TV across the
room. Now if I go into the "Play back devices" and change the HDMI to
default prior to starting the application I want to watch on the TV.
Then go back in and reset the default back to the el' cheapo speakers at
the desk so I do not get the lame IM noises on the TV everything works.

I personally would love to see functionality that forces specific apps
to use specific audio devices.

Has anyone else had any luck?

--
Tweaked