Old March 11th 08, 05:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
MC360[_2_]

Default Vista Administrator has "access denied" to 2nd hard drive?

On Mar 5, 8:16 pm, TCT wrote:
I'm having the exact same problem. Did you find a solution???

"MC360" wrote:
On Feb 24, 3:46 pm, wrote:
Well trying to secure some files on a 2nd drive (D drive). I had set
it up to block access to everyone but me (the administrator). Now even
while logged on as the administrator I can't access the files on the
drive. I get a message " D:\ is not accessible", "Access is
denied"?????? What is up with that? So I tried to do a system restore
but without getting into pointless details on that, it didn't work. So
Trying to change the D drive security settings back to default I go
into Properties, Security, advanced, everything appears to look good
as the administrator is set to have "full control" of the drive. I
tried a few other logical options on there but nothing has
changed.Administrator is still denied access. So now that logic
doesn't work, what now?

Update...I tried logging in as God but thats still doesn't give me the
authority to change anything.

Well......I have restored access to "D drive". The solution......no
clue. I haven't done anything I didn't try before. Actually I had
given up on it for a while but decided one day to see if more
repetitive tinkering would end in the same failure as before...this
time it WORKED!!!!! Why it worked this time and not the 20 previouse
attempts I can not say. For something that should be pretty straight
fwd & logical...my gut feeling is that its a Vista issue. Perhaps one
of the recent updates solved the problem? conclusion....No clue.