Old December 7th 06, 12:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Robert G

Default The Case of the disappearing DvD Writer

Have you installed any DVD or CD writer software after installing Vista?

I found that my Easy CD Creator 7.5 software was causing my problem because
the version that I had was not compatible with Vista. I used the control
panel to uninstall the software and the device manager to uninstall the
current drivers for each of my DVD drives. Then when I rebooted my computer,
Vista reinstalled the correct drivers for each drive and they showed up in
Windows Explorer again.

"Bcs4" wrote:

After installing Vista RTM after about a day of running a reboot was required
after the reboot both my dvd writers disappeared and weren't recognized by My
computer They both showed in device manager but with a yellow ! when I
clicked on the writers I got this detail
I will show only one set of details for 1 of my writers although both are
basically same explanation but for different writer models
Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the
driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code
is 39.

Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode
Architectu x86
Hardware Id: IDE\CdRomPIONEER_DVD-RW__DVR-106D________________1.08____
Setup class GUID: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
PnP problem code: 00000027
Driver name: cdrom.sys
Driver version: 6.0.6000.16386
Driver date: 11-02-2006
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

As I have seen others with similar problems heres hoping someone can come up
with solution