Old March 15th 08, 05:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
MC360[_2_]

Default Vista Administrator has "access denied" to 2nd hard drive?

On Mar 5, 8:16 pm, TCT wrote:
I'm having the exact same problem. Did you find a solution???

"MC360" wrote:
On Feb 24, 3:46 pm, wrote:
Well trying to secure some files on a 2nddrive(Ddrive). I had set
it up to blockaccessto everyone but me (the administrator). Now even
while logged on as the administrator I can'taccessthe files on the
drive. I get a message "D:\ is not accessible", "Accessis
denied"?????? What is up with that? So I tried to do a system restore
but without getting into pointless details on that, it didn't work. So
Trying to change theDdrivesecurity settings back to default I go
into Properties, Security, advanced, everything appears to look good
as the administrator is set to have "full control" of thedrive. I
tried a few other logical options on there but nothing has
changed.Administrator is still deniedaccess. So now that logic
doesn't work, what now?

Update...I tried logging in as God but thats still doesn't give me the
authority to change anything.

Well...I found a solution to the problem. Disable the User Account
Control (UAC) feature.See the attached link for details. Not the
perfect fix but its a start.
http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm