M-Audio Firewire Audio Drivers

Old July 6th 07, 02:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Steve Gruver

Default M-Audio Firewire Audio Drivers

Good news to those who own an M-Audio Firewire Series sound card. Drivers
(Beta) are finally available for Vista.

Steve

Old April 12th 08, 12:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
86C415

Since 25 March 2008, x64 firewire audio drivers are available for
m-audio beta testers.

Does anyone have any ideea on where to download those drivers ?

I need them badly... My Firewire Solo dosen't work at all
under x64.

--
86C415

Old April 16th 08, 09:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ezyyy

Does anybody know when the drivers will be available to the public ?
Did they leak to the web already ? :sarc:

--
ezyyy
Old July 29th 08, 09:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
darkmad

There is an easy solution to make FW Solo drivers for WinXP64 work in
Vista X64: you need to enable unsigned driver loading. You can do so
using EasyBCD utility, see attached screenshot. I don't use any audio
production software and can't say anything about system stability, but
now i hear music using foobar2000 with ASIO output plugin and it works
for me just fine.
Good luck! And sorry for my english

|Filename: solution.jpg |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.p...achmentid=5386 |

darkmad
Old November 27th 08, 04:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David Snyder

Help!

I just bought an M-Audio Firewire Solo, and I'm trying to print 24-bit
mixes from my 02R coaxial SPDIF out to the SPDIF in on the M-Audio
interface. I have selected the "external clock" option from the M-Audio
hardware control panel, and I can record the mixes through the
interface. Problem is, every 30 seconds or so, a little "tick" or "pop"
gets recorded along with the audio - it definitely sounds like a clock
issue.

I have tried both sets of drivers (ASIO and WDM), and have set the
buffer size as high as possible... I still have the problem.

I've downloaded the latest VISTA 32-bit drivers from the M-Audio
website, so I know I'm using the right drivers. And the problem is not
the SPDIF output, which prints just fine to a Tascam CD-burner I have.
The problem seems like it's that the SPDIF clock won't slave properly.
It's close, but I can't have POPs in my audio every 30-40 seconds.

Ideas? I thought Firewire was supposed to be the solution to
everything! I just bought this unit to replace an M-Audio USB interface
that had the same problem.

Please help!

DAVID

--