Preconfigured driver installation

Old July 6th 07, 02:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Justin

Default Preconfigured driver installation

This is driving my insane. Windows used to be able to automatically locate
default drivers and install them quietly in the background. I recently mucked
around with the bluetooth stack and managed to install the WIDCOMM bluetooth
stack. Now, whenever I plug in a new device, the new hardware found wizard
starts, rather than the icon in the system tray simply appearing. When I
choose the option to "Locate and install driver software" nothing happens,
Windows searches a few places and returns saying that it cannot find any
drivers. The only solution I have found is to tell Windows to look in
C:\WINDOWS\System32\* for the drivers. This works however is very
inconvenient. I believe the issue has something to do with the C:\WINDOWS\inf
folder but I am not positive. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am
using Vista Business.

Also, Windows randomly decides that a device will need to be reinstalled,
such as a printer. Any thoughts?
Old July 6th 07, 10:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Justin,

Some folks have had good luck resolving issues like you have by deleting the
INFCACHE.1 file, which can get corrupted with bad data and cause issues like
you have. The file is located at C:\Windows\inf. There, scroll down to the
INFCACHE.1 file and right click it and select delete. To do this, you will
likely have to give yourself permission to delete it, because of Windows
built-in security. Just right click the file, select Properties and then
click on the security tab. Let us know whether this procedure does anything.
Sometimes it does and sometimes not. Post back on the results.
--
freddy

Old July 6th 07, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Regardine Deleting Messages

Do not reconfigure anyting,

To Delete messages from your "Deleted Message Folder"

Left lick on deleted messages folder
Right click the the message you wanr to delete
Left click on delete message
"Gone"
This way you can only delete one at a time, but I found that you deleted
messages folder may indicate Onle a # after you delete that amount suddenly
the rest are gone.
Try it one at a time

Bob D from Va.

Old July 6th 07, 03:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Regardine Deleting Messages

Justin, I don,t think you should be messing with to much.

Regarding your deleted mesages folder;
Left click on the delleted messages folder, right click on the message you
wan't to delete
Left click on delete message, when it coms up with "Do wan't to dele
Messgeetc, clik yes.

Message gone.

Old July 8th 07, 01:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Regardine Deleting Messages

If it's an older Printer you may have to go to the Printers Website and
download Vista Drivers,I had to do that for two older Printers.I don't think
you neeed to compromise your systom by making any system changes, the problem
with Vista is to muc reconfigurment. The best advice is "Keep it Simple"

Old March 13th 09, 04:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
david316

Everyone I called the Support Line for my Phone. The solution for the
"searching for preconfigured drivers" problem is very simple.

You cannot get just any random USB cable. This is what is causing that
box to show up and stay in the first place.

You "must" get only the USB cable specifically designed for your phone
from your phone manufactor. To get this the best bet is to go to a
phone store that sells your your phones specific equipment. Then ask
them there which USB phone cable you need to sync your phone.

Also one last thing. If all you want to do is put music on your phone
you dont even need to get a USB cable and you dont even need to Sync
your phone to your computer. All you need is the SD/ MICRO-CHIPS.

To do this put the small micro-chip into the big micro-chip. Its hard
to see how to put it in but i promise you that is what it is designed
for.

When you do this simply put the united micro-chips into the SD slot
into your computer and after a little while you will get the option of
opening the folder. Once you do simply open that folder and open the
folder with your music in it and drag the files to the SD folder.

Now your not done yet. The next step is taking the United Micro-chip
out of your computer then taking out the small Micro-chip.

Now you simply have to put the small Micro-chip into your phone and
make sure its in all the way. For some phones you need to press it with
something small to get it all the way in.

Anyways walla you can now open your music files and play them on your
cell phone or portable device.

God bless and remember Jesus loves you all.

--
david316