Finally -- Vista 32-bit ONLY -- drivers for HP LaserJet 1020

Old July 27th 07, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
[email protected]

Default Finally -- Vista 32-bit ONLY -- drivers for HP LaserJet 1020

At the chocolate factory...
I have the same problem you have. Everything I send the printer
without graphics prints fine, everything with graphics puts a line on
the right side of the paper, but only where the graphic is.(Having a 2-
inch square graphic at the top and bottom of a document results in a 2-
inch line at the top and bottom of the print, with empty space between
them) If I insert a graphic into a text-only Word document that
printed fine, not only does it print the line next to the graphic, but
it prints tiny lines next to each line with text. It is NOT a hardware
problem. Doing a system restore to before the Vista drivers were
loaded gets me to where I was before - using XP drivers and never
being able to print the first document sent to the printer, but
printing everything after that fine unless I turned off the printer.
I've been to Customer Service hell with HP, including a couple of
useless chat sessions where one lady got annoyed when I even suggested
that it was possible to use XP drivers with Vista. She said none of
their engineers ever got anything to print on a Vista machine with XP
drivers! I was never able to fully get rid of the XP drivers - the
uninstall program crashed, and doing what Cal Bear '66 suggested
resulted in one file that refused to delete. Maybe I should have tried
Safe Mode to do that before putting on the Vista drivers. They have no
uninstall option. I'm don't know where to go from here either...

Old August 5th 07, 05:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
At the chocolate factory...[_2_]

rhartley...

I still cant solve the problem with the lines, using Vista and HP1020
printer. I blew out Vista drivers for HP1020 and installed XP Drivers. I got
the same lines. It is true, I only get lines when printing a graphic and
where the graphic is and where there is a text. It is a line ont the right
side, where the graphic and the text is. There is no line between spaces.
So....I also think it is not a hardware problem, but it is a strange
problem...

It is strange coz there is no lines when printing a text document without
graphics and even with some docs with graphics there are no lines..

I´ll be continue searching something helpful. If anybody else has this same
problem, please post.

See u later...

At the chocolate factory.

Old August 9th 07, 05:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
[email protected]

At the chocolate factory,
Were you using the XP drivers without getting the lines before
installing the Vista drivers? Since I was using XP drivers and never
got the lines until installing Vista drivers, I did a system restore
to a date before the Vista install, and that at least got rid of the
line problem.

Old August 9th 07, 06:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
At the chocolate factory...[_2_]

Nope. Thats the problem. I didnt use XP Drivers before. My Hp1020 is new, i
downloaded Vista drivers and installed them. So i have never seen my printer
working as it should be.... I uninstalled Vista Drivers and installed Xp
Drivers. No solution, lines continue there, only in docs with graphics. What
do u think?

Old August 9th 07, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Natéag

I do have that printer under Vista. I works well with software and drivers
downloaded from HP Web site.Do not connect the printer until the drivers
have been installed.

Old August 9th 07, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Cal Bear '66

These people are having a problem with a faint line on the right (?) side of
their printouts whenever it contains a graphic using the Vista driver. I do not
have this problem. Do you?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old August 10th 07, 05:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
At the chocolate factory...[_2_]

Another footprint in the path... I connected my new HP1020 to a friend´s
Gateway lap running XP. The printer works fine with XP. No lines when
printing documents with graphics either from Office 2007 or Acrobat. So...it
is not a hardware printer error. It is a software error where Vista is
involved. At least i know the printer is okay, so i will continue searching
how to solve the problem.

Old March 17th 10, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
halobest[_2_]

I can this 'hp 1020 driver'
(http://www.dodownload.net/drivers/hp...20-driver.html)
runing.good performance.