cant find saved file

Old July 10th 07, 10:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Track

Default cant find saved file

after changing an email attachment I saved it and now have no idea how to
find it on my comp. it is not in my docs?? any idea where to find it
Old July 10th 07, 02:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Puppy Breath

It's wherever you put it. Whenever you save something, you either have to
specify where you want to put it, or pay attention to where it's being saved
by default. For example, if you want to save an attachment (from Windows
Mail) in your Documents folder, you first have to click paper clip icon and
choose Save Attachments. Then you have to use the Browse button to say where
you want to save it (your Documents folder in this case).

It works that way with all saves. Where you save a file is entirely up to
you. But if you don't pay any attention to where you're saving an item,
you're going to be hard pressed to find it later.

Old July 11th 07, 09:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Jeff Richards

Try the change and save procedure again, and see what the default folder for
Save As is. Unless you selected a different folder during the save, that's
where the original will be.

If you can identify the folder where it is (for instance, you can see it in
the Save As dialogue) but you can't find it in that folder, the easiest
procedure is to get back to the same Save As dialogue but before saving
anything select the original file in the dialogue window and choose Copy.
Then Paste it to somewhere where you know it will be accessible, such as the
desktop.
--
Jeff Richards

Old January 24th 08, 02:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
JR1115

Me and my dad have been working on this one for a while. He is a
technician and my ultra-sensitive laptop makes me save edited emails all
the time without knowing where I put them (if you use "save as" you
won't have this problem but I realize their are some clumsy people like
me out there). To find it, click on "File" (applies to Microsoft Word,
Word Perfect, etc...) and then go to "OPEN" ...Then in the far left
pane, click on the icon with the clock that reads "MY RECENT
DOCUMENTS"...you may see it sitting in here but if not it is in the
folder that is a "Briefcase". It should have numbers like 6FQW2NTB or
something like that. Its probably in here. If not...well just email me
and I'll see if I can help you find it. P.S. we kinda have a rivalry
going so make sure you let people know that it was James Randolph III
who helped you...not James Randolph Jr. (lol)

Again E-Mail Me if this doesn't help...

--
JR1115

Old December 2nd 09, 02:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
yjbonner

jamezy4k@xxxxxx

--
JR1115

Thank you, James Randolph III. When attempting to reply to your
thread, a message stated that it was over 679 days old. i still wished
to reply because you saved me a lot of work! I had just done my ister's
resume over - from scratch - at the end of the work day - saved it - and
couldn't find it anywhere. wanted to cry.

Found it and thank you! Merry Christmas!!

--
yjbonner