Old March 25th 08, 01:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
DeniseStokes

Default Can't Network Vista-Vista-Mac

I have 2 machines running Vista and 1 running Mac Leopard. I can't get them
to play nice. The wireless network is connected to the internet through my
Mac (airport). All computers can access the internet. My desktop (vista) can
reach a mac location I created by adding a network location on my computer.
My laptop (vista) can't reach the Mac at all. The worst part about it is that
my 2 vista machines won't connect to each other! I see the icon for each in
my network, but when I click on them I get errors. One vista has McAfee and
one had Norton360.
My settings (on both vistas) a
Private Network
File Sharing On
Network Discovery On
Public Folder Sharing OnPrinter Sharing Off
Password Protected Sharing Off
Media Sharing On
Can anyone help me? It's so frustrating having 2 pc with Vista sitting 5
feet from each other and I can't share ym own files. Security is great, but
not when it keeps me from my onw info...