Old March 26th 08, 12:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cvp[_2_]

Default Changing boot drive

I should have added in the last step, unplug the former "System" drive
before performing the repair

cvp wrote:
First, a little terminology:
What you appear to be talking about is the "System" drive (which your
BIOS will "boot" to, not the "Boot" drive which actually contains the
system.

You can easily check this by looking in Disk Manager and checlking which
one is labeled as "System" and which is labeled "Boot"

There are several ways to fix this, but the easiest is to copy from the
"System" drive to the "Boot" drive:
Bootmgr
Boot directory
Both of those are hidden/system so make sure you can view such files.
Then, go into your machine's BIOS settings and change the Boot priority
of the hard drives (there are several different terminologies so
interpret this freely). Make the drive with your system on it (the
"Boot" drive) the first in the drive sequence.

Then boot from your dvd and choose "repair" instead of "Install" and fix
up the boot files (I can't remember the exact terminology)

CJM wrote:

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote in message
But that does not make it the boot drive.

Quite.

Which takes me back to my original question... How do I set the disk
containing my current drive C to be the boot disk?