Old March 27th 08, 04:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timothy Daniels[_5_]

Default Changing boot drive

I notice that the P5B Deluxe Asus board has 8 SATA connectors
and 1 PATA connector. What types are the two HDs? Is the
SATA controller enabled? Can you access the 500GB HD
when running the OS on the 250GB HD?

*TimDaniels*

"CJM" wrote:
I have a P5B Delux mobo, which allows me to rank my HDDs
in order; the top drive is then made available in a Boot Priority
list (alongside optical drives and floppies).

If I specify my newer 500GB drive, the BIOS fails to find a
bootable drive. If I specify the older 250GB disk, the BIOS
boots into the Windows volume on the bigger drive.