Old March 27th 08, 10:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
andy

Default Changing boot drive

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:39:02 -0000, "CJM"
wrote:

I've upgraded my machine at some point in the last year, where I added a new
500GB drive and moved my C: partition across to it. The previous 250GB drive
was left in for additional storage.

Just recently (while upgrading my BIOS) I realised that my system was still
booting from the 250GB drive even though Windows was on the other disk.

There is a fair possibility in the not too distant future that I'll replace
the 250GB disk with a larger disk, in which case I won't be able to boot. Is
there a safe and reliable way to change it so that the system boots from the
500GB disk?

First run Disk Management, and set the primary partition on the 500GB
disk drive to active.
Then remove the 250GB drive, and follow steps 2 through 15 at
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.vista.general/browse_thread/thread/a434fb8e883bfe76/e44fccdac924c871?hl=en&lnk=st&q=#e44fccdac924c871
Ignore any references to Windows XP.

CJM