Creative Zen Vision M

Old July 11th 07, 09:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Craig008

Default Creative Zen Vision M

i have just fixed my computer and have to re-install hardware and software,
when i came to doing my vision m it says it cannot locate drivers try
something else - er like what the drivers are native, it does the same for my
usb hub too, any body got any ideas how to sort this lot out, vista is
turning into the biggest pain in the rear ever!!
--
grapes
Old July 11th 07, 10:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Craig008,

Some folks have had good luck resolving USB device recognition issues like
you have by deleting the INFCACHE.1 file, which can get corrupted with bad
data and cause issues like you have. The file is located at C:\Windows\inf.
There, scroll down to the INFCACHE.1 file and right click it and select
delete. To do this, you will likely have to give yourself permission to
delete it, because of Windows built-in Security. Just right click the file,
select Properties and then click on the security tab. Let us know whether
this procedure does anything. Sometimes it does and sometimes not. Post
back on the results.

--
freddy

Old July 12th 07, 09:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Craig008

thanks for the help. but windows will not let me delete it, it asks for
permission whic i give and then it says it was unable, any neew ideas would
be dead handy, i will try anything once!
--
grapes

Old July 12th 07, 11:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Craig008,

Take another look at how you gave yourself permission. You may not have
done the permission thing correctly. Others here have done this many times.

Also, here is a link to a Microsoft USB reliability update for Vista:

Try this to determine whether it applies to your situation. Post back on
any news.
--
freddy

Old July 12th 07, 11:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Craig008

thanks for all of your help freddy, i changed the permision of that file and
then deleted it and all seems to work fien now
--
grapes

Old July 12th 07, 11:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Craig008,

That's good to hear. Deleting that file seems to produce the desired
results most of the time, but not always. Bummer!
--
freddy