network controller and wireless card driver not found and wont ins

Old July 12th 07, 07:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
azreal

Default network controller and wireless card driver not found and wont

the fix for my dvd was to delete these files.
-- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325
-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} - "Upperfilters" and "Lowerfilters".
dont suppose any easy fix like that
thanks

"dean-dean" wrote:

Have you tried downloading the Vista driver for your Belkin card? Starting
he

http://www.belkin.com/support/browse/?lid=en

Start by choosing Networking Products Wireless etc. Make sure you chose
a Vista compatible driver, after finding your model, and, under Software &
Updates, clicking on Driver...

"azreal" wrote in message
Hi i recently had a automatic vista home basic update and after it
installed
i have not been able to access my wireless internet. i get a message
saying
that the drivers cannot be found. i went to the device manager and it says
the same and also that my network controller drivers are missing. so i try
automatcaly reinstall drivers but they are not found and i have tryed the
disk that came with the laptop and the belkin wireless g notebook wireless
card but none of these help. i can connect using a wire but yesterday all
was
fine the only change i have had is this update. i tryed to do a system
restore but now that fails aswell i am a little distresed please help.
--
thanks

Old July 12th 07, 08:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dean-dean

In Control Panel (Classic View) Windows Update, when you click on "View
Update History", can you identify what device driver was recently updated
(ignoring all the KBxxxxxx updates)? Sort the view by "Installed On".

Navigate back to the main page. Can the device be uninstalled when you
click on Installed Updates (on the left-hand side of the Windows Update
window, down in the corner)?

"azreal" wrote in message
no i have another in there that is working ok. this shows in other devices
as
network controller with a exclamation triangle on the device icon. i have
tryed updating from the toshiba website but once again no joy. i had a
similar thing happen to my dvd drive recently but i from what i remember
it
involved deleting two files from the regestry then all was ok. i also note
that all my system retore files excluding today are gone...
--
thanks

"dean-dean" wrote:

Do you mean your CardBus Controller under PMCIA adapters? In Device
Manager
double-click on the problem device, and on the Driver tab, choose Roll
Back
Driver. If that's grayed out, try Update Driver. Click on "Browse my
computer for driver software," then "Let me pick from a list of device
drivers on my computer". Choose something other than what you currently
have.

You could also try going to your computer manufacture's web site and
download the Controller for your notebook model.

"azreal" wrote in message
cheers i have done that but still no joy it seems to be the network
controller rather than the plug in wireless card. thanks for you
response
any
way.
--
thanks

"dean-dean" wrote:

Have you tried downloading the Vista driver for your Belkin card?
Starting
he

http://www.belkin.com/support/browse/?lid=en

Start by choosing Networking Products Wireless etc. Make sure you
chose
a Vista compatible driver, after finding your model, and, under
Software
&
Updates, clicking on Driver...

Old July 12th 07, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

azreal,

I've not heard of that type of fix for the problem you have.
--
freddy

Old July 13th 07, 05:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
azreal

yer i gave up i went out and bought a usb wifi stick works no problems.
thanks for your time
--
thanks

Old July 13th 07, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
azreal

i have given up and bought a usb wifi stick all working ok.
thanks for your time
--
thanks

Old July 13th 07, 05:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

azreal,

Thanks for posting the resolution. The solution for some of these issues
are often clouded in a shroud of mystery. At least you're good to go, and it
didn't cost that much.
--
freddy