Installing / Registering Canon Multipass F80 Vista Driver

Old January 7th 10, 06:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Zoran Tocilj

Default I had the same problem with canon ip 4700

It works with canon ip 4700 with the same problem also
Thank you

B Aurel M wrote:

drivers in Vista SP1 included
22-Oct-08

C:\Windows\Drivers

this address: "C:\Windows\Drivers" and
C:\Windows\Inf after that restart your....

the driver and utilities from this add http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010392.asp

On Thursday, July 12, 2007 3:38 PM
Roge wrote:

Installing / Registering Canon Multipass F80 Vista Driver
I have saved the driver update for vista "F80_Vista32.exe" to
my desktop. After accepting the licencing agreement, the installation
runs. Before it finishes the following error pops up: "An error
occurred while files were being copied". How do I get past this to finish the
installation? Canon tells me it is a system issue not a driver issue.
--
Roger

On Thursday, July 12, 2007 3:48 PM
fkirsche wrote:

Installing / Registering Canon Multipass F80 Vista Driver
Roger,

Try running the executable using Administrator powers: Right click the .exe
file and select Run as Administrator (words to that effect). Post back on
results.
--
freddy

"Roger" wrote:

On Friday, July 13, 2007 1:02 PM
Roge wrote:

Hi Freddy.I still have the same problem.
Hi Freddy.

I still have the same problem. It seems to perform 99% of the installation
but gets hung up when it gets to "registering".
--
Roger

"freddy" wrote:

On Saturday, July 14, 2007 11:00 AM
fkirsche wrote:

Roger,I'm not familiar with that error.
Roger,

I am not familiar with that error. You might try using google search on that
term to see what you find. Maybe someone else has the answer.
--
freddy

"Roger" wrote:

On Saturday, July 14, 2007 6:06 PM
fkirsche wrote:

Roger,I did a google search on "installation fails when registering" (no
Roger,

I did a google search on "installation fails when registering" (no quotes)
and got some hits. You might want to try that search to see what you make of
it. It seems that that message can be caused by various conditions. As best
as I can tell, you need to take a look and determine whether you can spot
some situation that could apply to your issue.
--
freddy

"Roger" wrote:

On Sunday, July 15, 2007 5:30 AM
fkirsche wrote:

Installing / Registering Canon Multipass F80 Vista Driver
Roger,

If the above steps lead to nothing, try this: Sometimes resolving USB
device driver
recognition issues like you seem to have can be resolved by deleting the
INFCACHE.1 file, which can get corrupted with bad data and cause issues like
you appear to have. The file is located at: C:\Windows\inf. There, scroll
down to the INFCACHE.1 file and right click it and select delete. To do
this, you will likely have to give yourself permission to delete it, because
of Windows built-in Security. Just right click the file, select Properties
and then click on the security tab. Let us know whether this procedure does
anything. Sometimes it does and sometimes not. Post back on the results.

--
freddy

"Roger" wrote:

On Saturday, September 22, 2007 1:31 AM
Kevin Johnson wrote:

SOLUTION!
I spent hours having this same problem. Canon support was no help. They had me jump through hoops and even after talking to several 'senior engineer', they could not figure it out. Of course at that point it became my "system" that was at fault (ha ha).

I managed to dig up the driver install log file and found that the install was incorrectly searching for the file "usbscan.sys" in the folder C:\Windows\Drivers and C:\Windows\Inf

Well, guess what, it's not in either location on Vista!

I don't know if this is the location you will find it, but on my computer it was located in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\sti .inf_727905e0

If you don't find it in that location, just search your C:\Windows\System32 folder for it.

Once you've found it, copy it to those 2 folders,
C:\Windows\Drivers
and
C:\Windows\Inf

Run install again and everything should go smoothly with no more stupid errors (at least it did for me).

Hope this works for everyone.

And just FYI, Canon told me "You are not the only one having this problem". So I took great joy out of being able to call them back and TELL them the solution to tell everyone to try. Maybe I should send them a bill

-Kevin

On Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:43 PM
B Aurel M wrote:

Canon MP160 driver in Vista SP1 integrated
First I want to say Thanks ! to __""Kevin Johnson""__ for the answer at this BIG PROBLEM.
GOOD JOB !!!
In VISTA before you will copy the folder "sti.inf_727905e0" from "C:\Windows\System32

\DriverStore\FileRepository\sti.inf_727905e0" you will have to create the folder "Drivers" at this address

"C:\Windows\Drivers"
because in Vista SP1 integrated it dosen't exist. After that folow the steps told by
Kevin

Johnson: copy this folder "sti.inf_727905e0" with all the files in it to this address:
"C:\Windows\Drivers"
and
"C:\Windows\Inf"
after that restart your computer for any inconvenient and instal the driver and utilities from your CD or download

the driver and utilities from this address: http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010392.asp
Choose your operate system and language and then download what you need.
GOOD LUCK and once again many thanks to Kevin Johnson !!!

from BOGDAN.

On Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:48 PM
B Aurel M wrote:

Canon MP160 driver in Vista SP1 integrated
In VISTA before you will copy the folder "sti.inf_727905e0" from "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\st i.inf_727905e0" you will have to create the folder "Drivers" at this address "C:\Windows\Drivers" because in Vista SP1 included it dosen't exist. After that folow the steps told by Kevin Johnson: copy this folder "sti.inf_727905e0" with all the files in it to this address:
"C:\Windows\Drivers"
and
"C:\Windows\Inf"
after that restart your computer for any inconvenient and instal the driver and utilities from your CD or download the driver and utilities from this address: http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010392.asp
Choose your operate system and language and then download what you need.
GOOD LUCK and once again many thanks to Kevin Johnson !!!
from BOGDAN.

On Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:52 PM
B Aurel M wrote:

drivers in Vista SP1 included
C:\Windows\Drivers

this address: "C:\Windows\Drivers" and
C:\Windows\Inf after that restart your....

the driver and utilities from this add http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010392.asp

myLittleCalendar from myLittleTools.net
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-from-myl.aspx
Old January 7th 10, 06:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Zoran Tocilj

fkirsche wrote:

Installing / Registering Canon Multipass F80 Vista Driver
Roger,

Try running the executable using Administrator powers: Right click the .exe
file and select Run as Administrator (words to that effect). Post back on
results.
--
freddy

"Roger" wrote:

fkirsche wrote:

Roger,I did a google search on "installation fails when registering" (no
Roger,

I did a google search on "installation fails when registering" (no quotes)
and got some hits. You might want to try that search to see what you make of
it. It seems that that message can be caused by various conditions. As best
as I can tell, you need to take a look and determine whether you can spot
some situation that could apply to your issue.
--
freddy

Old January 7th 10, 08:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter Foldes

Anther Deadhead moron from Egghead replying to a post originating 3 yrs ago

--
Peter

fkirsche wrote:

Installing / Registering Canon Multipass F80 Vista Driver
Roger,

Try running the executable using Administrator powers: Right click the .exe
file and select Run as Administrator (words to that effect). Post back on
results.
--
freddy

"Roger" wrote:

fkirsche wrote:

Roger,I did a google search on "installation fails when registering" (no
Roger,

I did a google search on "installation fails when registering" (no quotes)
and got some hits. You might want to try that search to see what you make of
it. It seems that that message can be caused by various conditions. As best
as I can tell, you need to take a look and determine whether you can spot
some situation that could apply to your issue.
--
freddy

Old January 7th 10, 08:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter Foldes

fkirsche wrote:

Installing / Registering Canon Multipass F80 Vista Driver
Roger,

Try running the executable using Administrator powers: Right click the .exe
file and select Run as Administrator (words to that effect). Post back on
results.
--
freddy

"Roger" wrote:

fkirsche wrote:

Roger,I did a google search on "installation fails when registering" (no
Roger,

I did a google search on "installation fails when registering" (no quotes)
and got some hits. You might want to try that search to see what you make of
it. It seems that that message can be caused by various conditions. As best
as I can tell, you need to take a look and determine whether you can spot
some situation that could apply to your issue.
--
freddy

Old January 8th 10, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Zoran Tocilj

Default Cannon responce to "An error occurred while files were being copied"

Dear Mr. Tocilj,

Regarding your question about the IP4700,

Unfortunately, Canon does not support the x64 Vista Windows system.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

HAHAHA asses,...

Zoran Tocilj wrote:

I had the same problem with canon ip 4700
07-Jan-10

It works with canon ip 4700 with the same problem also
Thank you

Multi-Dimensional Arrays In ASP
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...al-arrays.aspx

Old March 3rd 10, 07:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
steve parr

Default canon mp560

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your research. I found the file usbscan.sys in four different locations - three in 'File Repository' folders, and one in windows/system32/drivers. I wasn't sure which one to copy, so I copied the newest one, which was in windows/system32/drivers. I copied it to the windows/inf folder and then made a new folder, 'windows/drivers' and copied it there as well.

Restarted the computer, and tried reinstalling the drivers for my new canon mp560. No dice.

You mentioned that you discovered that windows was searching for the usbscan.sys file in a log file. Could you tell me how to do that so I could try and figure out what the driver installation program is doing (or rather, failing to do?)

cheers and thank you,
steve parr

Kevin Johnson wrote:

SOLUTION!
22-Sep-07

fkirsche wrote:

Installing / Registering Canon Multipass F80 Vista Driver
Roger,

Try running the executable using Administrator powers: Right click the .exe
file and select Run as Administrator (words to that effect). Post back on
results.
--
freddy

"Roger" wrote:

fkirsche wrote:

Roger,I did a google search on "installation fails when registering" (no
Roger,

I did a google search on "installation fails when registering" (no quotes)
and got some hits. You might want to try that search to see what you make of
it. It seems that that message can be caused by various conditions. As best
as I can tell, you need to take a look and determine whether you can spot
some situation that could apply to your issue.
--
freddy

"Roger" wrote:

B Aurel M wrote:

drivers in Vista SP1 included
C:\Windows\Drivers

this address: "C:\Windows\Drivers" and
C:\Windows\Inf after that restart your....

the driver and utilities from this add http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010392.asp

On Thursday, January 07, 2010 2:32 PM
Zoran Tocilj wrote:

I had the same problem with canon ip 4700
It works with canon ip 4700 with the same problem also
Thank you

On Friday, January 08, 2010 12:18 PM
Zoran Tocilj wrote:

Cannon responce to "An error occurred while files were being copied"
Dear Mr. Tocilj,

Regarding your question about the IP4700,

Unfortunately, Canon does not support the x64 Vista Windows system.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

HAHAHA asses,...

More Fun with Fluent NHibernate Automapping
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...uent-nhib.aspx
Old March 3rd 10, 07:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
steve parr

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your research. I found the file usbscan.sys in four different locations - three in 'File Repository' folders, and one in windows/system32/drivers. I wasn't sure which one to copy, so I copied the newest one, which was in windows/system32/drivers. I copied it to the windows/inf folder and then made a new folder, 'windows/drivers' and copied it there as well.

Restarted the computer, and tried reinstalling the drivers for my new canon mp560. No dice.

You mentioned that you discovered that windows was searching for the usbscan.sys file in a log file. Could you tell me how to do that so I could try and figure out what the driver installation program is doing (or rather, failing to do?)

cheers and thank you,
steve parr

Kevin Johnson wrote:

SOLUTION!
22-Sep-07

fkirsche wrote:

Installing / Registering Canon Multipass F80 Vista Driver
Roger,

Try running the executable using Administrator powers: Right click the .exe
file and select Run as Administrator (words to that effect). Post back on
results.
--
freddy

"Roger" wrote:

fkirsche wrote:

Roger,I did a google search on "installation fails when registering" (no
Roger,

I did a google search on "installation fails when registering" (no quotes)
and got some hits. You might want to try that search to see what you make of
it. It seems that that message can be caused by various conditions. As best
as I can tell, you need to take a look and determine whether you can spot
some situation that could apply to your issue.
--
freddy