Old March 30th 08, 06:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

Default MP4 video files crash Windows Explorer - Need Help!

What's the fault information for this crash according to the Problem Reports
and Solutions Center control panel?
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
will help you look that up if you don't know how.

This sounds like you're using a buggy MP4 codec that has a bad thumbnail
extractor.

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Jefferds44" wrote in message

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum.

I scoured the net in search of help with my problem but haven't found
anywhere or anyone who could help.

I have a PSP and ipod as many people do and like to put mp4 video files
on it. My problem is that MP4 files crash my windows explorer.

So anytime I open a folder that has an MP4 file in it, it crashes
windows explorer and I can't even manipulate the file (copy, move,
etc.).

I have a feeling that the problem is when Windows Explorer trys do
display a thumbnail for the movies,... it just crashes.

Help?

Thanks,

Jeff

--