Old March 31st 08, 04:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

Default MP4 video files crash Windows Explorer - Need Help!

What are the file properties for swg.dll? Where did that come from?

This seems like swg.dll is corrupting memory. I'd bet that if that file
wasn't on your system, you wouldn't be crashing.

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Jefferds44" wrote in message

Hi Zachd,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.

I also suspect there's something wrong with my .mp4 codec. But I don't
know where they are located and where to actually find a good one.

I pulled the info from the problem. Here it is:

*problem signatu
*problem event name: appcrash
application name: explorer.exe
application version: 6.0.6000.16549
application timestamp: 46d230c5
fault module name: swg.dll_unloaded
fault module version: 0.0.0.0
fault module timestamp: 46aa6c1c
exception code: c0000005
exception offset: 07e0b5ed
os version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
locale id: 4105
additional information 1: 2b5e
additional information 2: d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
additional information 3: 21db
additional information 4: 7d7ca8440f102ff2bf33a646b0d67da2

--
Jefferds44